Be found by your ideal employer.
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D31F6F4CA-D4BD-4C40-A326-5CF4E05B2B9B%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D50D24652-FD7B-4741-B6B8-E8B0B0D41366%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D582B582B-8C1D-46E0-93EE-6448B55BDB95%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
Find two jobs within a commutable distance.
Chartered in 1963, Sandhills Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College System. It was the first comprehensive community college in North Carolina to offer a college transfer program. The College began classes in 1966.
Dr. Raymond Stone was named the first president of the college. He served for 25 years. Dr. John Dempsey was appointed president of the college in 1989 and serves to this day.
Sandhills Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sandhills Community College.
Sandhills Community College was named as a “2013 Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. The Chronicle is read by more college and university faculty and administrators than any other source in higher education. The program recognizes institutions that score high in a range of benchmark data including best practices and policies, tenure clarity, compensation and benefits and other significant categories.
SCC is one of the country’s most distinguished Community Colleges. With an enrollment averaging approximately 4500 students, it has an exceptional faculty and staff, a beautiful campus, a well-focused mission, and a clear vision of its future. We offer a generous benefits package, and ample opportunity for growth and professional development.
Available Benefits Include:
- BCBS State Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Educational Advancement
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Benefits Plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Leave Plans (Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- Voluntary Shared Leave, FMLA, USERRA
- Longevity (at ten years of service)
- NC State Employees’ Credit Union
- NC Teachers’ & State Employees’ Retirement System
- NC Teachers’ & State Employees’ Retirement System Disability Income Plan
- NC Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Physical Fitness Facility
- Professional Development
- Sabbaticals (Faculty & Staff)
- Supplemental Accident/Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Retirement Savings Plans (NC 401(k), Roth & 457 Plans
- Supplemental Group Term/Group Universal Life/Health Insurance
- Tax-Sheltered Annuity 403(b) Plans
- Tuition Assistance for Dependents
- Vision Plan
- Cultural Events/Campus Activities
Our HR staff members are committed to providing exemplary services for our employees and those seeking employment with the college. Toward that end, our goal is to assist you in meaningful ways while modeling the core values of Integrity, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence. To learn more about benefits and the college, please inquire in our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of Sandhills Community College is to provide educational opportunities of the highest quality to all the people of the Sandhills.
What We Believe
The college is committed to the five core values of INTEGRITY, HELPFULNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPECT, AND OPPORTUNITY. These values guide and direct Sandhills Community College as it seeks:
- To welcome students of all ability levels and to provide programs that prepare them for employment or for transfer;
- To provide training for local businesses and to contribute constructively to the economic well-being of the region;
- To contribute to the cultural and artistic richness of the community, and to the educational needs of our retired population;
- To create a campus environment that celebrates its faculty and staff, and contributes to their personal and professional development.