Los Angeles, CaliforniaAdmitting Rep
Los Angeles, CaliforniaDirector, Regulatory Affairs
Los Angeles, CaliforniaPostdoctoral Scientist (Tumor Immunology)
Los Angeles, CaliforniaAdministrative Team Leader
Los Angeles, California
Cedars-Sinai is known for providing the highest quality patient care. Our dedication to excellence, compassion and innovation is rooted in the Judaic tradition and its devotion to the art and science of healing, which informs every aspect of our four-fold mission:
- Leadership and excellence in delivering quality healthcare services
- Expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research
- Educating and training physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Striving to improve the health status of our community
We live this mission every day through the contributions of more than 2,000 physicians in every clinical specialty, 10,000 employees, 2,000 volunteers and 15,000 fundraising support group members. Together we provide world-class medicine to our patients, our community, and patients from across the United States and around the world.
Physicians and scientists at Cedars-Sinai are engaged in basic and clinical research to bring medical advancements directly from the laboratory to the bedside. As the largest academic medical center in the western United States, we’re also training the next generation of physicians, researchers and allied health professionals, with more than 350 residents and fellows participating in over 60 graduate medical education programs.
For more information on Cedars-Sinai and the discoveries that have been pioneered by our physicians and researchers, please click here.
A commitment to meeting the community's health needs has been a defining quality of Cedars-Sinai since the beginning - from the opening of the 12-bed Kaspare Cohn Hospital in Angeleno Heights in 1902 to what is now a world-renowned, nonprofit academic medical center with 886 licensed beds. Cedars-Sinai's Community Benefit contribution, which totaled $640,287,000 for fiscal year 2012, supports a broad spectrum of initiatives to give those in greatest need access to health information, screenings and care. For more information about Cedars-Sinai's community outreach initiatives, click here.
National Research Corporation Survey
For the 18th year in a row, Cedars-Sinai has won the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award for providing the highest quality medical care in the Los Angeles region based on a survey of area households.
Every year the NRC conducts an independent survey of hospitals. Cedars-Sinai has ranked number one in best overall quality of healthcare and has been awarded its prestigious Consumer Choice Award every year since 1996. NRC's surveys are considered Southern California's "gold" standard in healthcare information.
In 2013-14, Cedars-Sinai was the only medical center in the Los Angeles area to win the Consumer Choice Award for:
- Best Overall Healthcare Quality
- Best Image
- Best Reputation
- Best Doctors
- Best Nurses
To view more Cedars-Sinai awards visit: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/About-Us/Rankings.aspx
Cedars-Sinai values diversity and inclusion, and it is committed to building and sustaining a diverse academic community. Diversity is one of the institutional values guiding the pursuit of the Cedars-Sinai vision: to enhance its position as the leading healthcare provider in the Los Angeles area and to rank highly among the nation's most respected, admired and trusted healthcare organizations.
- Enriching the Diversity Pipeline: Cedars-Sinai Summer Scholars Program. Beginning in summer 2014, the Office of Faculty Development partnered with Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science to pilot the Cedars-Sinai Summer Scholars Program, a research internship program designed to increase underrepresented minority students' exposure to and interest in pursuing a career in healthcare research. Scholars were paired with mentors according to their research interests.
- Participating faculty members:
- David Underhill, PhD (Biomedical Sciences)
- Maria Lauda Tomasi, PhD (Medicine)
- Komal Ramani, PhD (Medicine)
- Margareta Pisarska, MD (OB-GYN)
- Tyler Pierson, MD, PhD (Pediatrics/Neurology)
- Enrique Lopez, PsyD (Psychiatry)
- Shouri Lahiri, MD (Neurology)
- Beatrice Knudsen, MD, PhD (Pathology and Laboratory Medicine)
- Caroline Jefferies, PhD (Medicine)
- Kimberly Gregory, MD (OB-GYN)
- Roberta Gottlieb, MD (Medicine)
- Stephen Freedland, MD (Surgery)
- Rodrigo Alban, MD (Surgery)
Association of American Medical Colleges Professional Development Seminars. The Office of Faculty Development has supported several faculty members' attendance at Association of American Medical Colleges Professional Development seminars:
- Early-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar
- Minority Faculty Professional Development Seminar
- Please see Leadership and Career Development for more details.
- Learning to Lean In Discussion Group
- The Learning to Lean In Discussion Group is intended for underrepresented faculty to engage in a variety of topics of interest in academic medicine. Meeting topics have included:
- Mentoring in Academic Medicine: Does it Work?
- Straight to the Source: Learning to Lean In
- A Conversation with Women Members of the Cedars-Sinai Board
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management
- Crafting your Elevator Speech
Invited Speakers on Diversity
Experts on diversity and related topics have been invited to engage faculty in conversations about diversity and its vital role in academic medicine.
Information found at: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Faculty-Development/Diversity.aspx
Cedars-Sinai ALS Program Presents Update on Lou Gehrig's Disease for Patients, Families
Neuropsychologist Works to Improve Cultural Sensitivity in Cognition Testing
October 2, 2014 | Read Full Story
With NIH Grant, Cedars-Sinai Helps Bring Big Data to Neuro Disease Research
September 25, 2014 | Read Full Story
For more news visit the Cedars-Sinai Newsroom: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/About-Us/News/index.aspx
or their Featured Stories section: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/About-Us/HH-Landing-Pages/index.aspx
Cedars-Sinai Health System will enhance its position as the leading healthcare provider in the Los Angeles area and rank highly among the nation's most respected, admired and trusted healthcare organizations. In fulfilling this role, Cedars-Sinai will:
- Attract and enhance relationships with the most well-qualified, accomplished and respected physicians, scientists, nurses, other healthcare professionals and staff
- Demonstrate excellent clinical quality, service quality and value
- Foster a culture of superb clinical and operational performance, as well as responsive and compassionate care
- Provide distinguished programs and services of excellence that build upon a tradition of clinical innovation, biomedical research, medical education and community service
- Remain at the forefront of advances in medicine and science through a strong, ongoing commitment to biomedical research and medical education
- Provide superior capabilities, facilities and technology for the full continuum of healthcare services
- Attract patients from regional, national and international markets by providing services directly, as well as through arrangements with other healthcare organizations that meet Cedars-Sinai Health System's standards of quality and service
For more information on Cedars-Sinai Mission and Values visit: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/About-Us/Mission-Vision-and-Values.aspx