Be found by your ideal employer.
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D31F6F4CA-D4BD-4C40-A326-5CF4E05B2B9B%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D50D24652-FD7B-4741-B6B8-E8B0B0D41366%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D582B582B-8C1D-46E0-93EE-6448B55BDB95%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
Find two jobs within a commutable distance.
Seattle, WashingtonDeputy Director, Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
Seattle, WashingtonSenior Program Officer - New Vaccine Implementation
Seattle, WashingtonProgram Officer, Priority Country Support
Seattle, WashingtonDeputy Director, Total Rewards
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
From poverty to health, to education, the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation focuses on improving the lives of billions of people worldwide. There are four problem areas the organization focuses on; the Global Development Division, Global Health Division, United States Division, and Global Policy & Advocacy Division. In developing countries the foundation focuses on improving the health and wellness of people as well as helping children and families escape from extreme hunger and poverty. In the United States, the foundation focuses on low-income families and makes sure that everyone has opportunities to receive an education that will help them succeed. The foundation works with numerous organizations around the world to tackle critical problems and addresses challenging inequalities. The headquarters of this organization is based in Seattle, Washington, one of the most proactive global health and non-profit cities in the world.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program that reflects the foundation’s values and culture.
For employees based in the United States, health, vacation, and retirement benefits include:
- Medical/vision and dental for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and dependent children (100% of monthly premiums paid by the foundation)
- Life, disability, and travel assistance (100% of monthly premiums paid by the foundation)
- Employee savings retirement plan and foundation sharing retirement plan (15% of eligible compensation contributed by the foundation)
- Healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Minimum three weeks' vacation in addition to 10 observed holidays, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days
- Voluntary benefits plans, including supplemental life insurance, group accident insurance, pre-paid legal, long-term care, pet insurance, and discount auto/home insurance
Opportunities to continue education, achieve personal and professional goals, and support the community include:
- $1,500 annual life cycle lump sum payment for employees' discretionary use
- Business Travel-emergency assistance plan
- Back-up care for children and adults/elders
- Employee assistance plan
- Employee matching gift program with a 3:1 match up to $30,000 per year
Employees based in Africa, China, Europe, and India also receive competitive salaries and benefits, reflective of local pay practices.
Guided by Bill and Melinda’s belief that all lives have equal value and every person deserves the opportunity to lead a healthy and productive life, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has a deep commitment to supporting global diversity & inclusion. This commitment is reflected in the foundation’s core values of Optimism, Collaboration, Rigor and Innovation.
Our vision of diversity is broad and global. It encompasses both visible and invisible differences that are sources of personal identity, as well as beliefs and ways of thinking and acting that make each of us unique. Inclusion ensures that diverse individuals are heard, respected and valued.
Our Global Diversity & Inclusion Commitment is aspirational and assumes a mindset of continuous improvement. It is rooted in the knowledge that we are members of a global community, where cultural differences and practices influence our impact.
Our commitment has an internal focus on our employees, work practices and environment, as well as an external orientation towards our grantees, partners, stakeholders and ultimate beneficiaries.
- Partnerships. We achieve maximum impact through collaborative, inclusive partnerships – both internal and external.
- Work Environment. We foster an inclusive environment that enables employees to do their best work. We seek to listen to each other and to understand diverse perspectives in ways that are respectful and feel safe.
- Talent. We recruit and retain a diverse, global workforce. We develop and value culturally competent managers and employees who are able to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultural differences and in different contexts. We establish equitable development and reward systems for our employees.
All foundation employees, beginning at the most senior levels, are responsible for developing and supporting behaviors that enable the foundation to achieve measurable success in our three areas of commitment.
We see equal value in all lives. And so we are dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals around the world. From the education of students in Chicago, to the health of a young mother in Nigeria, we are catalysts of human promise everywhere.
From poverty to health, to education, our areas of focus offer the opportunity to dramatically improve the quality of life for billions of people. So we build partnerships that bring together resources, expertise, and vision—working with the best organizations around the globe to identify issues, find answers, and drive change.
We see individuals, not issues. We are inspired by passion, and compassion for the wellbeing of people. Our methods are based on logic, driven by rigor, results, issues, and outcomes. Our innovation means trying new things, learning from our mistakes, and consistently refining our approach. Our strategies help us define our path to success, but our effectiveness is based in the aggregate power of our initiatives to impact holistic change.
Our focus on economic empowerment unlocks possibility on the individual and communal level. Our work in the field of global health saves lives, helping families and communities thrive, both today, and tomorrow. Our efforts on education help ensure that individuals have the tools they need to achieve the promise in their own lives.
The problems we seek to solve are complex and demand the coordination and focus of many – leaders, governments, communities, and individuals around the world. Our work is challenging, but we know we can get there. We cannot succeed alone, but together we can work for a world where all can thrive.