Be found by your ideal employer.
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D31F6F4CA-D4BD-4C40-A326-5CF4E05B2B9B%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D50D24652-FD7B-4741-B6B8-E8B0B0D41366%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
11 Apr 2016 12:55:58 CDThttp://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/rdrc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartbrief.com%2Fnews%2FstoryDetails.jsp%3Fcopyid%3D582B582B-8C1D-46E0-93EE-6448B55BDB95%26issueid%3D4E913EC2-2F86-4B84-ADE3-47F3360178D4
Find two jobs within a commutable distance.
Other Location, WashingtonMicrobiology – Research Assistant Professor (AA24964)
Seattle, WashingtonMedical Laboratory Scientist-trainee Or 1
Other Location, WashingtonHuman Resources Manager
Other Location, WashingtonClinical Data Specialist Coder - Trainee
University of Washington
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergraduate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.
We are ranked number one among public universities nationally to receive federal research and training funds, and since 1975 has been in the top five for public and private universities.
For FY 2012, we received $1.471 billion in sponsored research funds, tripling our research funding over the last 20 years.
The most recent report from China’s Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranked the UW 16 among the world’s top universities (14 nationally).
The Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan, which measures the quality and impact of research endeavors, identified the UW as the top public university in overall ranking worldwide.
- $1,471,012,997 total sponsored grants and contracts
- $470.2M non-federal funding
- $1.001B federal funding
- 5,029 grants, including 200 grants over $1M
- $7,228,831 ARRA
UW Faculty Honors
- American Academy for Arts and Sciences: 81 members
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 162 Fellows
- Institute of Medicine: 57 members
- National Academy of Engineering: 28 members
- Gairdner International Awards: 9 recipients
- Albert Lasker Medical Research Awards: 5 recipients
- National Medal of Science: 5 recipients
- MacArthur Fellows: 15 recipients
- National Academy of Public Administration: 1 recipient
- National Academy of Sciences: 74 members
- Presidential Medal of Freedom: 1 member
UW Faculty Nobel Prizes
Six UW faculty members have won Nobel Prizes since 1989. Since 1990, five have won Nobel Prizes in medicine, more than any other institution during that time period.
Our amazing students include:
- 136 Fulbright Scholars
- 35 Rhodes Scholars
- 7 Marshall Scholars
- 4 Gates Cambridge Scholars
— and counting.
As the third largest employer in the state, the University of Washington understands that employee benefits need to go beyond the basics. Here you will find a great package of traditional healthcare and savings benefits, plus the opportunity to discover offerings from across the University that help you make the most of UW employment.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
UW Standard of Excellence We recruit the best, most diverse and innovative faculty and staff from around the world, encouraging a vibrant intellectual community for our students. We link academic excellence to cutting-edge research through scholarly exploration and intellectual rigor. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethics, as a beacon for our community and the world.
The University of Washington’s vision and strategic priorities reflect the core values and culture that make us great and unique.
The University of Washington educates a diverse student body to become responsible global citizens and future leaders through a challenging learning environment informed by cutting-edge scholarship. Discovery is at the heart of our university. We discover timely solutions to the world’s most complex problems and enrich the lives of people throughout our community, the state of Washington, the nation and the world.
- Academic Community We are educators and learners. We promote access to excellence and strive to inspire through education that emphasizes the power of discovery and the foundation of critical and analytic thinking. We foster creativity, challenge the boundaries of knowledge and cultivate independence of mind through unique interdisciplinary partnerships.
- World Leaders in Research We have grown into the most successful public research university in the nation in attracting support for our research. Ours is a proud culture of innovation, collaboration and discovery that has transformational impact.
- World Citizens We are compassionate and committed to the active pursuit of global engagement and connectedness. We assume leadership roles to make the world a better place through education and research. We embrace our role to foster engaged and responsible citizenship as part of the learning experience of our students, faculty and staff.