Founded in 1854, Central Methodist University is a four-year private university, fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. Central offers educational opportunities ranging from high-school dual credit to graduate degrees and has a total enrollment of more than 5,200 students statewide. CMU's main campus (known as the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences-CLAS) is located in Fayette, Missouri. The main campus in Fayette is tobacco free as of July 1, 2013.
Central Methodist University offers a multitude of various full-time employee benefits to ensure the highest quality employment experience and care.
- Health, Dental, and Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid-Vacation time
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Waiver
To view the complete list of benefits offered, follow the link: https://www.centralmethodist.edu/hr/benefitsummary.php
Campus Life strives to provide a variety of programs that are intended to help students complement their experience and succeed academically. Further, it promotes social experiences that help students grow as individuals.
All students are encouraged to participate in activities. The main focus is to create an environment that enhances the quality of the total education experience. This spirit and camaraderie built through campus life not only ensures fun and exciting things to do on campus, but it also promotes lifelong relationships.
Athletic events and activities, campus organizations, fine arts events, worship and small-group services and entertainers are among the many activities offered. Come be part of our active community and build Eagle Pride!
Central Methodist University wants to assist both parents and students in making informed decisions about attending CMU. Central Methodist University provides an in-depth outline and analysis of institution information, financial aid information, and vital statistics.
All of these can be found on the Consumer Information page: http://www.centralmethodist.edu/about/studentconsumer.php
To stay up to date with all things Central Methodist University, check out the Alumni and Friends page where you can gain access to message boards, photos, events, and volunteer opportunities!
Get plugged into the Central Methodist community by finding all of the correct resources to fit your need.
Current Students: http://www.centralmethodist.edu/campus/select.php
Alumni and Friends: http://cmalumni.centralmethodist.edu/s/844/start.aspx
Faculty and Staff: http://www.centralmethodist.edu/faculty/index.php
Values and Goals
Who We Are
Central Methodist University is known for its high quality undergraduate and graduate educational programs, its values-centered learning experiences and longstanding church relationship, its strong liberal arts tradition, its emphasis on character and leadership development, and the success of its graduates through their further educational and professional pursuits. Characterized by academic excellence and proactive, personalized student services, programs are offered in Fayette and statewide via distance learning technologies as well as through partnerships with schools, churches, hospitals, and other institutions of higher education.
Central Methodist University affirms its Wesleyan heritage and its unique place as the only United Methodist-related University in Missouri. The location of its main campus in a small, historic, rural community provides an opportunity for students to live and to learn in a safe setting. The University values its strong liberal arts, providing a foundation for excellent professional programs. CMU and its out-reach activities foster an environment in which a diverse student body can develop intellectually, socially, and spiritually. University life emphasizes honesty, integrity, civility, and a strong sense of personal responsibility as integral elements of character and leadership. Central Methodist University nurtures a spirit of community and caring among students, faculty, and staff.
The Central Methodist University experience engenders, through the academic program and opportunities for practical experiences, student growth in knowledge, personal integrity, spirituality, and professional competence. In addition, students are challenged to develop a sense of global citizenship and a commitment to the betterment of the world. Students with a CMU education are prepared to:
· demonstrate knowledge of the liberal arts and academic specialties as well as technical skills and professional competencies.
· think critically and conceptually and apply their knowledge and skills to the solving of problems.
· communicate accurately and effectively through listening, speaking, and writing.
· continue to develop self-knowledge, confidence, and a sense of honor and commitment by assuming responsibility and leadership in the service of others.
· seek an understanding of ideas, issues, and events within and beyond their immediate community and appreciate the gifts of diversity.
· evaluate their personal strengths and abilities, and explore appropriate career choices in a changing world.
· have the courage to make decisions based on considerations of ethical, aesthetic, economic, and environmental consequences.
· commit themselves to a life exemplifying values in relationships with self, family, church, university, and community.
Central Methodist University prepares students to make a difference in the world by emphasizing academic and professional excellence, ethical leadership, and social responsibility.
The Central Methodist University community, consistent with its United Methodist heritage, strives for academic excellence, individual achievement, and social responsibility. As members of that community we believe in:
- Seeking knowledge, truth, and wisdom;
- Valuing freedom, honesty, civility, and diversity;
- Living lives of service and leadership; and
- Taking responsibility for ourselves and the communities in which we live.
- Central Methodist University offers career oriented, student-centered education in the context of the liberal arts within an environment that supports self-discovery; social responsibility; racial, cultural, and ethnic diversity; and global understanding.
- Regardless of the educational setting, delivery system or program, there is a strong core faculty and a curriculum that is supported by relevant pedagogy.
- Nimble in our ability to respond to changing market needs, innovative programs are offered in new or newly renovated facilities.
- Students experience a compelling community of learners, faculty and alumni with a focus on individualized education. Students develop leadership skills through a variety of leadership opportunities, interface with professionals in many industries through corporate partnerships, and work with faculty in developing entrepreneurial initiatives.