Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 9 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Loading. Please wait.
Location: Aurora, New York
Wells College seeks applications for an Associate Director of Recruitment and School Counselor Relations in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The Associate Director will support the mission and promote the distinct educational value of Wells College to prospective students, families, school counselors and other key audiences to achieve established enrollment goals. This position involves significant travel and other recruitment activities focused on the New York City metro area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/TASKS:
1. Plan and coordinate outreach and recruitment activities. Engage in significant travel to meet with prospective first-year and transfer students and parents/family members. Attend college fairs and college nights. Deliver presentations, interview students, host receptions, meet with and coordinate the activities of alumnae volunteers. Develop networks of school counselors, independent consultants and other professionals.
2. Provide high quality service to prospective students and families. Correspond and maintain connections with audiences through multiple communication channels including mail, phone calls, e-mail, text, social media and in-person interactions. Assist students and families in their college search and help answer questions about Wells College via personal and targeted marketing communications.
3. Advise students and families regarding admission and financial aid. Assist prospective students with application, pre-registration/registration, and other matters related to enrolling at Wells College.
4. Review applications and recommend admission decisions.
5. Support and assist colleagues within the Enrollment Services division in the development of a comprehensive recruitment plan. Develop and implement initiatives within assigned region to meet the college’s enrollment goals.
6. Actively participate in regional professional associations and chapters to build networks and strong partnerships between Wells College and regional organizations.
7. Act as primary liaison and advisor for regional marketing and advertising campaigns.
8. Develop and implement activities to establish strong relationships with area high schools, community based organizations, independent consultants, community colleges, and other appropriate entities, to include advisory boards, regional events, and campus-based programs.
9. Coordinate and execute location-based recruitment events, receptions and campus visitation programs.
10. Provide day-to-day guidance and mentoring to admissions counselors and other staff.
11. Support campus-based recruitment initiatives
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; intercultural competence and cultural humility; ability to work independently and as a team member, handle confidential information in a professional manner, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet goals and deadlines; must be detail oriented and demonstrate stellar public speaking skills. Must be able to travel frequently and have a valid driver’s license. Able to see, hear and speak effectively to perform the required tasks of the position. Familiarity with Slate or other CRM systems is desirable.
Appreciation of the value of a private, liberal arts education
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Must be willing and able to travel within metropolitan areas including the New York City Metro area
3-5 years of experience in college admission
Familiarity with New York and New Jersey metropolitan area secondary schools and community colleges preferred
The College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all person regardless of (but not limited to) race, color, religions, ethic or national origin, sex, age, varying physical and mental abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or political beliefs. The College is also committed to compliance with all applicable laws regarding non-discrimination.
Subscribe to our emails for updates on new resources and more!