Academic/Faculty, Medical - Clinical, Medical - Research, Physical Sciences
The School of Physical Therapy at Spalding University seeks to fill core faculty positions for its new Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program. Each core faculty holds a full-time faculty appointment and has academic, service and scholarship responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the academic program and Spalding University. Core faculty demonstrate competence in teaching, assessment and curriculum development and have experience and expertise commensurate with the needs of the new DPT Program. Core faculty are members of a collaborative team committed to academic excellence and to student success. Areas of content expertise needed include, but are not limited to, anatomy and physiology, neuroscience, neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participation in the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of individual courses and overall curriculum within the program.
· Preparation, instruction and assessment of courses in areas of expertise within the curriculum.
· Participation in evaluation of students’ readiness to progress to professional practice courses in conjunction with the Professional Practice Coordinator (PPC) and academic faculty.
· Terminal doctorate or DPT with ABPTS Specialist Certification.
· Clinical experience in physical therapy practice,
· Contemporary expertise in assigned teaching areas.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and student evaluation.
· Scholarly agenda with recent dissemination of scholarship.
· Institutional or professional service.
· Licensure as a physical therapist in any US jurisdiction and eligibility for licensure in Kentucky.
· Experience in curriculum and course development.
· Experience in blended or hybrid curriculum delivery.
· Experience in CAPTE accreditation process.
About Spalding University
Nestled in the midst of Kentucky’s largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves nearly 2500 students at the bachelors’, masters and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies. Faculty, staff and students are united by the institutional mission: Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice. With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique 6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life resp...onsibilities. Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening as well as a criminal background check.