A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The School of Dentistry will be undergoing a major renovation of all clinical areas and most non-clinical areas over a four year period. This will affect dental patient entryways and wayfinding throughout the building during the project. The role of Guest Service Specialists will be to assist and maintain patient flow as the renovation occurs throughout several phases.
• Serve as the first contact for all patients/visitors/guests entering the dental building and associated entrances. This may include from parking or drop off areas on adjacent walkways.
• Offer assistance for way-finding, parking validation, and requested information regarding the School of Dentistry for patients, family members or visitors.
• Ask the necessary question for Covid clearance into the building along with taking temperatures at the entrance points.
• Provide directions and at times guide patients to the desired destination inside the school.
• Answer patient inquiries as needed.
• Assist with maintaining and providing clean wheelchairs or other mobility aids for patients, as needed.
• Assist patients with wheelchairs.
• Perform other duties, as requested.
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills. Excellent attention to details. Excellent ability to multitask. Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with the patient, family, visitors, and the direct care providers.
• Experience working with a diverse population.
• Must have excellent judgment and capability to act in a busy environment.
• Demonstrate a positive customer service-oriented attitude, excellent attendance, and exemplary work ethic.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to move throughout the building to assist patients and families.
• This position requires the ability to routinely move or transport patients to and from our entrances.
Experience with MS office products, and electronic scheduling system and, and clinic locations within the School of Dentistry. Experience with routinely moving, transporting or escorting patients or visitors
Various hours will be between 7:00am and 6:00pm with rotating Saturdays.
This is a 6-month position with potential to extend out to 2 to 4 years. This is a part time position with a prorated salary of $15,600-$17,000
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery. MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Internal Number: 201195
About University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A great university is made so by its faculty and staff, and Michigan is recognized as one of the best universities to work for in the country. The Michigan culture is known for engaging faculty and staff in all facets of the university to create a workplace that is vibrant and stimulating.For two consecutive years, the Chronicle of Higher Education has placed U-M in its "Great Colleges to Work For" survey. In particular, the university earns high marks for strong relations between faculty and administrators, a collaborative system of governance, strong pay and benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.