Job no: 502910 Position type: Full-Time 12-Month Department: 460300 - Human Resources Management Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS Categories: Professional Position Open Date: Jul 19 2021
Provides a specified range of specialized professional support to client departments and/or the general public in areas such as employment, international employment, and compensation. Provides interpretation and routine consultation, and ensures compliance with various MSU Human Resources policies, procedures, guidelines and applicable federal and state laws. Participates in research and analysis of operational issues, as appropriate to the individual position, and provides or participates in problem resolution.
1. Responds to questions from applicants and hiring managers regarding the hiring process and talent management software. 2. Facilitates the advertising of jobs by assuring appropriate approvals have been granted for posting the vacancies to MSU's website. 3. Educates and trains on recruitment and employment practices and ensures guides and training materials are up-to-date. 4. Serves as liaison with vendors and clients to resolve technical issues and support efficient operations. 5. Researches and analyzes various HR related issues and participates in problem resolution. 6. Develops and conducts and/or participates in specialized presentations and training, as appropriate, covering operational and/or technical HR related information for specified area of expertise. 7. Provides day-to-day advice, interpretation, and support to department/unit(s) regarding the application of human resources policies, guidelines, procedures, and best practices. 8. Creates and presents ad hoc data analyses and reports, as appropriate to the area of expertise; identifies errors and deficiencies and makes process improvement recommendations. 9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related discipline. 2. One year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Additional higher education may be considered in lieu of work experience for this position.
1. Human Resources experience in higher education 2. PHR/SPHR certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge and understanding of University policies and procedures. * Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. * Skill in analyzing and evaluating various HR related issues. * Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications. * Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community. * Strong computer skills, to include database management, word processing, creating spreadsheets, e-mail, and the internet. * Research, analytical, and critical thinking skills. * Ability to plan, coordinate, and administer complex administrative systems and processes. * Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues. * Records maintenance skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* No or very limited physical effort required. * No or very limited exposure to physical risk. * Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume that includes the complete contact information for three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Internal Number: 502910
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting institutions and is designated by the Carnegie Foundation as an R1-Very High Research Activity University. Also, a National Science Foundation “Top 100” research University, MSU shelters a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest and most prestigious honor society, and values the talents of our distinguished faculty, staff, and student scholars. Here, a culture of inclusion is fostered and we’re driven each day to make a difference at the local, state, regional, national and global levels. At Mississippi State University we invite you to join us as we continue our momentum in research, teaching, and service.
To apply, please go to http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/