Responsible for participating in strategic planning and mission development for the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs. The incumbent facilitates educational and programmatic initiatives as well as provides hands-on advising to fraternities, sororities and governing councils to promote health and safety, foster diversity and inclusion and cultivate a learning-centered environment that connects individual, organizational and community experiences. Support for professional development will be provided and is strongly encouraged. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Works with the Director to coordinate, conduct and establish short and long range planning activities of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs *Collaborates with the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs and the Associate Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs to develop semester and year long office goals *Serves as primary point of contact for Chapter Advisors, alumni corporation leadership, headquarters staff and other representatives in both incorporating and communicating goals *Creates and assesses action steps to accomplish Office goals in agreement with Departmental goals *Assists with distribution and implementation of goals with applicable fraternities and sororities *Builds relationships with staff and students across the fraternity and sorority community to have a broad and deep understanding of community needs and national trends and research that should inform planning efforts for the Department *Serve as an integral member of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Team by attending regular staff meetings, retreats, etc.
2. Coordinates Student Programs *Facilitates development of educational programming within Governing Councils and individuals *Review student programming to provide feedback and approval as required *Attend student programming as requested or required *Educate Chapters and Governing Councils on purpose of requirements *Develop students' knowledge and familiarity with goal setting and purposeful programming
3. Facilitate development of student self-governance and accountability through leadership *Assist in advising Governing Councils, as well as advise a number of Chapters from across the fraternity and sorority community *Meet individually with Chapter and Council Officers to help determine semester goals and objectives *Attend Governing Council general and executive board meetings *Assist in planning and facilitation of semester or annual leadership retreats *Facilitate Chapter and Council Officer transitions and acclimation of new Officers to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs
4. Collaborate in development, coordination and facilitation of annual fraternity and sorority educational initiatives and events *Collaborate with students and staff to plan and facilitate hazing prevention efforts and awareness *Collaborate with students and staff to plan and facilitate diversity and inclusion efforts *Collaborate with students and staff to plan and facilitate expansion processes related to the fraternity and sorority community *Collaborate with students and office staff to plan and facilitate annual recruitment processes *Collaborate with students and staff to plan and facility community-wide new member education activities
5. Collaborate effectively with departments across the Dean of Students Office on projects and topics as necessary and as it relates to the Fraternity and Sorority community *When asked to serve on various committees, fully participate, attend meetings, keep supervisor updated about your involvement and represent the larger Dean of Students organization, in addition to your Department as appropriate *Regularly communicate and work in partnership with Residential Services to assist with facility-related needs *Collaborate with University upper level administration and other Offices to facilitate effective working relationships and partnerships *Collaborate with various offices and departments to create and maintain campus-wide diversity and inclusion programming *Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, professional development opportunities, staff retreats, committee meetings, etc.
Position Number: S83340
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
12-month professional position; having off the 3rd week of June through the 2nd week of July each year.
This position is funded by Lehigh soft dollars; there is severance associated with this position
Master's Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
One to three to years experience
We seek a professional with passion for and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, student advocacy and student-centered learning and development
Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation and facilitation skills; experience leading workshops preferred
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Solid analytical and decision-making skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499641
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.