Do you plan out a schedule and steps to complete your work and achieve your goals? Do you have the drive to solve puzzles to ensure the results are perfect? Are you motivated by having significant responsibility?
The right person for the Payroll Coordinator role enjoys details and entering data with accuracy. They enjoy analyzing complex data to inform others and make recommendations. They work with a sense of urgency without delay and recognize when further investigation is required. Delivering excellent customer service is ingrained in their DNA.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that all payroll payments are timely and accurate, to ensure the College complies with all reporting and filing requirements of the payroll function, and to be responsible to its internal customers. Want more? In addition, this position works with compensation and benefits programs, such as assisting with annual surveys, analysis, and benchmarking.
In the Mott Human Resources office, we employ people who are passionate about providing excellent service. Our HR staff are team-oriented and not afraid to participate in other HR functions outside of their own. We challenge ourselves and each other to improve how we work and grow. Our passion for excellent service ultimately results in making a difference in the lives of our students. We realize our work helps us reach our mission to help students achieve their dreams.
his position may be filled at a Level I, II, or III based on the candidate's qualifications.
1. Associate's degree.
2. One or more years of payroll experience performing the full range of equivalent tasks above in an organization of similar size and complexity.
1. Associate's degree.
2. Two or more years of payroll experience performing the full range of equivalent tasks above in an organization of similar size and complexity.
3. Basic working knowledge of MCCs comprehensive benefit plans and programs.
4. Understanding and application of FLSA regulations.
1. Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent to the attainment of a Bachelor's degree. For screening purposes, two years of directly related experience is equivalent to one year of education; therefore, eight years of experience is the acceptable substitute for a Bachelor's Degree.
2. Three or more years of payroll experience performing the full range of equivalent tasks above in an organization of similar size and complexity.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of MCCs benefit plans and programs.
4. Basic working knowledge of MCCs compensation plans and programs.
5. Understanding and application of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications that apply to all levels:
1. Demonstrated experience of basic math skills; knowledge of payroll, taxes and benefits; information systems; reading comprehension; analytical problem solving; interpersonal communications; and logical thinking.
2. Knowledge of federal employment tax regulations and completing legal reports and documents related to payroll.
3. Ability to effectively analyze complex and substantial data or information.
4. Attention to detail and the ability to enter data with consistent accuracy.
5. Demonstrated work history of providing high quality, strong customer-oriented services including: problem solving orientation; strong listening skills; coordination of work effort with others and teamwork; history of coordinated work effort with extensive follow-through and follow-up; experience identifying customer needs; conflict resolution; ability to put customer before self; and creation of user-friendly communications.
6. Ability to appropriately use and demonstrate proficiency with standard office productivity software and tools (Microsoft Office and Google).
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran's status, age, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
Internal Number: 141963596
About Mott Community College
The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services that cultivate student success and individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.