Ohio University College of Business, Graduate & Professional Programs, invites applications for a full-time Associate Director, Graduate Career Management & Engagement. The position is based on campus in beautiful Athens, Ohio and is expected to begin in July 2021. The Associate Director of Graduate Career Management & Engagement is responsible for providing career coaching for all current residential graduate students across MBA and Specialty Masters programs as well as oversee outplacement platform for virtual graduate students. This position is responsible for preparing graduate students for their full-time job opportunities by enhancing students' professional development through career coaching and high quality career management seminars. This position is expected to remain current on recruiting and hiring practices, employer needs, and trends affecting graduate students. Primary emphasis is on maintaining competitive career placement statistics for the graduate programs. Reporting to the Director, Professional & Executive Programs Partner Development, this position requires a strong leader, who is passionate about developing students, building effective relationships, and providing innovative solutions.
1. Enhance the overall graduate student experience by building strong relationships and developing graduate students for career success. Identify needs and coach students to embrace their career goals, develop job search skills, develop their plan and engage in an active job search. Work with graduates until last graduate secures employment.
2. Critique resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and interviewing techniques with students in one-on-one and small group settings. Assist graduate students with telling their career narrative, preparing for salary negotiation, performance reviews, and other professional situations.
3. Develop and manage implementation of graduate seminars, which includes data driven decisions from analyzing surveys and capturing feedback to improve events. Build engagement with employers and alumni through networking events for all residential graduate populations to build positive signature experiences.
4. Collaborate with Director of Career Management and College of Business faculty to increase employer recruitment and involvement in career programming within the residential graduate programs. Outreach to companies/employers seeking candidates with graduate experience and develop events to facilitate recruitment of graduate students. Gather and track internship and employment data for internal and external reporting.
5. Serve as the liaison to the Career Management team in the use of external career platform to be used by online and professional graduate programs, scaling the reach and services of career to all graduate populations. Assist students in these programs with OHIO College of Business specific events and resources when appropriate.
Ohio University's College of Business is a top-ranked, AACSB-accredited business school that offers a hands-on, personalized experience for students at the undergraduate and gradual levels. We're agile professionals who are disciplined risk takers, life-long learners, and curious global citizens. We inspire innovators who strategically create value and motivate leaders who serve with grit and determination. We also nurture self-aware citizens who better the world of business. Our culture in the College of Business is one that is never complacent. We believe if there's a better way, we should do it. We're motivated to serve our students first and we will always find ways to do, and be, better. This includes finding additional incredible faculty and staff like you. We hope you'll join us. Learn more at https://business.ohio.edu/about/future-employees/.
Ohio University strives to be the best student-centered, transformative learning community in America, where approximately 40,000 students realize their promise, faculty advance knowledge, staff achieve excellence, and alumni become global leaders. OHIO is committed to fostering, embracing, and celebrating diversity in all its forms. Our Athens Campus offers students a vibrant residential learning experience in one of the nation's most picturesque academic settings. Additional campuses and centers serve students across the state, and online programs further advance the University's commitment to providing educational access and opportunity.
Diversity is a core value of the College of Business at Ohio University. We believe that the educational environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to learn. The richness of the University community reflects diversity of culture, race, gender, region, age, religion, ideas, socioeconomic levels, sexual orientation, ability and a myriad of multi-cultures. You will find Ohio University is a microcosm of a global society.
Bachelor's degree in a related field by start date, and at least 3 years of related work experience.
Planning Unit: College of Business
Department: Business Graduate Prgs/C I B E D
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position: Julianne Howard, email@example.com
Employment Type: full-time regular
Competitive salary with outstanding benefits including, among others, generous paid time off, comprehensive insurance, and educational benefits for employee and eligible dependents. Minimum annual salary $51,281.
Internal Number: 37099
About Ohio University
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of helping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.