Department: IU East School of Business and Economics
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio and beyond a broad range of bachelor's degrees, selected master's degrees, and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options. Indiana University East challenges students to grow intellectually and personally in a supportive and scholarly environment where faculty teaching skills and participation in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and artistic work enhance learning opportunities for all. Indiana University East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students. The campus is dedicated to being a strong partner in enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic development of the region it serves through community and civic engagement. Learn more about IU East.
Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, invites applications for an anticipated full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Accounting/Taxation, Assistant or Associate Professor, for the academic year beginning January 1, 2022 or August 1, 2022. Candidates for all full-time positions must demonstrate a strong desire to excel in teaching and provide ongoing support for student success, in and out of the classroom. Online delivery of programs is an increasingly important aspect of the IU East enrollment strategy. Candidates for tenure-track positions must also have an interest in building a sustainable program of research, scholarship and/or creative activity. The School of Business & Economics is hiring several Doctoral-qualified faculty as part of our strategy to achieve AACSB accreditation. H-1B sponsorship is not available for this position. Learn more about the School of Business and Economics.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
· Teach online and face-to-face introductory and advanced accounting courses in a BS Accounting program.
· Serve as the primary instructor for managerial accounting classes; may teach a variety of other accounting classes, including AIS or auditing. May coordinate internships.
· Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly, and effectively. Use methods, materials, and technology appropriate to the subject matter.
· Maintain an active program of research and scholarship.
· Manage the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school and campus academic policies.
· Demonstrate the ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse populations within the university and community.
· Earned Doctorate in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting Concentration. ABDs near completion will be considered.
· Familiarity with US GAAP and US tax codes and practices.
· Commitment to high-quality undergraduate teaching.
· Degrees from AACSB-accredited programs are preferred.
· CPA and/or CMA certification preferred.
· Experience advising an IMA Student chapter or other student accounting organization (Beta Alpha Psi, etc.) preferred.
Department Contact for Questions:
Duretta Callahan Human Resources Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org 765-973-8487
OAA #: EA-2021-05
Appointment Status: Tenure Track
Internal Number: 11182
About Indiana University Purdue University Indianpolis - IUPUI
Founded in 1820, Indiana University is the state’s public university system, comprised of two core campuses—IU-Bloomington and IUPUI—and six regional campuses located throughout the state. Combined, the total student population is more than 114,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional school students. IU is one of the largest employers in the state, with over 20,000 faculty and staff. Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. Diversity and inclusion remains a core commitment to IU’s mission to cultivate an educational environment that supports equal access, participation and representation on all of its campuses and that provides educational and career opportunities for all.