Classification Title: Student Services Program Coordinator II
College/Division: Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Department: SAAS Student Life
Advertised Salary Range: $39,742
Advertised Job Summary:
The sport programs assistant director supervises and develops the sport programs coordinators and is responsible for the development and management of the intramural sports and sport club programs which provide opportunities for UofSC students to engage in meaningful beyond the classroom experiences.
Primary duties include:
· Develop, coordinate, and administer sport programs, consisting of intramural sports and sport clubs.
· Provide direct supervision to the sport programs coordinators by correctly implementing EPMS policy and conducting regular meetings to assess performance. Oversee the hiring, training, and supervising of approximately 130 sport programs student employees.
· Create, administer, and direct fiscal oversight of a budget over $100,000, as well as assist with fiscal management of all Campus Rec budgets units totaling approximately $5,000,000.
· Develop and implement strategic plans and goals that drive growth, continuous improvement, safety, quality of programs and participant satisfaction through program reviews and assessment.
· Partner and collaborate with key campus offices to ensure programs, services, and activities support a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning and work environment.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Masters degree in Student Services or related field and 3 years related experience, or bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience This position requires a variable work schedule. Intermittent evening & weekend hours will be required. In addition, this position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement/hazardous weather and other emergencies. Must possess a current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification or acquire one prior to hire date. This position will also support the University's mission and goals through participating in recruitment and retention activities, as appropriate, for prospective and current students.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 101504
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.