1. Assist in the distribution of packages and mail, periodicals, magazines, newspaper, etc. to the students and College community. This includes loading student mail and packages into the smart lockers, sorting and daily distribution of departmental mail, delivering oversized packages, and forwarding of student mail and redirection of any mail not belonging to the College. Maintain the security of the mailroom and the mail and supervise student workers.
2. Make decisions within established practices and precedents, requiring minimal interpretation or analysis and provide excellent customer service to the campus community.
3. Use and monitor postage metering systems.
4. Perform basic computer functions including word processing, data entry, updating preformatted documents, printing reports, and email. Including running reports and track usage of lockers.
1. Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or persons.
2. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required:
High School education or equivalent.
1-2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of technical school education and experience.
Working knowledge of word processing and database systems required.
Good organizational and communications skills also required.
Ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
Must have flexibility to respond to fluctuating workloads.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Employee Status: Part-Time/Academic Year
Union Status: Non-Union
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Internal Number: 5683
About Providence College
Notice of Non-Discrimination Providence College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, or veteran status, and without regard to genetic information, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the College. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected basis, in the administration of its education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other College-administered programs, and employment policies. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. Nothing in this Notice shall require Providence College to act in a manner contrary to its Dominican mission and the teaching and tenets of the Catholic Church, and the College reserves the right to take actions designed to ensure and promote its Catholic and Dominican mission. The College’...s Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer, and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Resources (Kathy Alvino, Harkins 302, 401.865.2430, email@example.com). The Title IX Coordinator is the Assistant Vice President for Student Development and Compliance (Dr. James Campbell, Slavin 203, 401.865.2676, firstname.lastname@example.org). The Title IX Coordinator is assisted by deputy coordinators, including members of the faculty and the administration (http://www.providence.edu/sexualharassment). Inquiries regarding ADA/Section 504 issues for students may be directed to the Office of Academic Services (Jonathan Gomes, Library 229, 401.865.2470, email@example.com) and the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Student Development and Compliance (Dr. James F. Campbell, Slavin 203, 401.865.2676, firstname.lastname@example.org.