Boston University Enrollment Service Operations seeks a Lead Business Analyst. This individual works as part of a team to oversee financial aid systems administrative functions, developing specifications and business requirements for modifications and enhancement to BU Financial Assistance systems. This position oversees two staff members. It is full-time and requires occasional weekend assignments.
The Lead Business Analyst works closely with colleagues within BU Financial Assistance and Information Services & Technology (IS&T). Additionally, they work as a liaison with outside software vendors for financial aid packaging software.
The Lead Business Analyst's primary duties include:
* Overseeing system changes;
* Solving systematic issues and assisting users with problems;
* Developing applications based on business requirements and testing them for quality assurance;
* Supporting the undergraduate financial aid business cycle;
* Providing technical and operational support for modeling processes, needs analysis, and decision notification processes;
* Managing Natural and Academic Data Warehouse (ADW) report service for BU Financial Assistance and other Enrollment & Student Administration (ENSA) departments, and;
* Supervising two Programmer Analysist II positions, who provide programming support and oversee the production schedules for BU Financial Assistance and Student Employment.
About the Organization
Boston University Enrollment Service Operations is part of the Enrollment & Student Administration unit (ENSA). BU Enrollment Service Operations plays a critical role in ENSA's mission; enrolling and retaining students, by supporting and designing operational and technical infrastructure to support the student user experience.
Across the 11 departments of ENSA, we are dedicated to ensuring that our policies, practices, and services meet the needs of an increasingly diverse University community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni. We do so through a lens of respect, and a commitment to encouraging the personal success and productivity of all employees. To read more about Boston University and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit https://www.bu.edu/diversity/about/diversity-statement/
A bachelor's degree is a requirement for this position. A master's degree is preferred. Ideally, we are seeking a candidate who:
* Has at least three to five years of previous experience in a similar role, ideally in programming or in higher education;
* Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills;
* Is detail-oriented;
* Is an effective problem solver and communicator;
* Is able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
* Has prior supervisory experience;
* Has an understanding of JCL, HTML, Microsoft Office products and familiarity with data analysis tools, and;
* Has experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, or a similar student information platform.
In order to be considered for this position, a cover letter must be included in your application materials.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 0532
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.