Physician/Clinical Investigator/Clinical Educator, i.e., academician to demonstrate exemplary leadership, administrative, and mentoring skills to contribute to the goals of enhancing the clinical, clinical research, and educational missions and activities of the Division of Comprehensive Otolaryngology, and the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Minimum Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. (List Essential Duty Responsibility Statements.)
1. Provide evidence based medicine to patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
2. Collaborate with institutional leadership, physician partners, and nursing colleagues to ensure high quality care for otolaryngology – head and neck surgery patients in all settings including: the outpatient offices, ICUs, ED and inpatient units.
3. Participate in clinical research activities within the Division, Department and/or Medical School to further the knowledge in the chosen area of study. Obtain funding for research activity as available.
4. Provide unrestricted call coverage at all facilities as determined by Divisional leadership of Rutgers Health Group at the discretion of the Chair of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
5. Actively participate in medical student, resident and fellow education through didactic lectures, research activities, evaluation of programs, interviews and/or clinical supervision.
6. Help develop the Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency program and help establish a Pediatric Otolaryngology fellowship program.
7. Document and bill for provider activities accurately, appropriately, and in a timely manner according to healthcare system, hospital and medical school policies.
8. Provide active participate in the teaching programs, attend conferences, grand rounds, and hospital committees as requested.
9. Promote the program throughout the region and at national conferences.
10. Participate in process/quality improvement in care delivery of otolaryngology – head and neck surgery patients and participate in quality initiatives.
11. Comply with all medical school and hospital medical staff bylaws, clinical practice guidelines and policies.
12. As part of the mission of the medical school you will have responsibilities for clinical research as well as clinical education of residents and students and such duties as assigned by the Chair, Dr. P. Ashley Wackym, who will serve as your mentor.
Posting Number: 21FA0676
Location: Off Campus
Internal Number: 134373
About Rutgers University
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities. As it was at our founding in 1766, the heart of our mission is preparing students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey's land-grant institution and one of the nation's foremost research universities, and as such, we educate, make discoveries, serve as an engine of economic growth, and generate ideas for improving people's lives.