The Associate Athletics Director, Ticket Sales oversees all aspects of outbound ticket sales for the athletics department. Reporting to the Senior Associate AD, External Operations, this position will be responsible for leading the entire ticket sales unit as well as increasing revenue through new ticket sales for all ticketed sporting events. The primary focus for this position will be new season ticket sales for football with a secondary focus on season, mini-plan, single and group sales for all other ticketed sports.
* Directly responsible for oversight of 6-8 ticket sales representatives.
* Required to create, generate, and execute outbound ticket sales plans, including prospecting events designed for ticket sales growth.
* Lead the outbound ticket sales team by example, by achieving personal sales goals.
* Supervisory responsibilities include scheduling and approving time for payroll, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Works closely with ticket operations, marketing, Tennessee Fund, communications, operations, business office and IT departments as well as campus entities.
* Works closely with ticket operations, Tennessee Fund and marketing staff for developing weekly ticket reports.
* Required to meet or exceed the annual sales goals established by Senior Associate AD, External Operations and the Senior Associate AD, Development.
* Hire, train, and motivates the sales staff, creating an environment set-up for success.
*Collaborates with Associate AD of Fan Experience and Marketing, Associate AD, Ticket Operations and the Tennessee Fund on lead generation, lead qualification, and strategy for most effectively utilizing leads.
* Responsible for developing systems that fall in line with the Tennessee policies and procedures while monitoring the sales staff's activity and professional growth.
*Other duties as assigned.
Internal Number: 219269
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.