Purpose of Position: Under the direction of the Manager of Grants Development and Administration, the Grants Associate will coordinate with the college community to monitor post-award grants administration for Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grants and related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide post-award HEERF grants administration leadership. Work with faculty, staff, and administration to manage the grant award process and coordinate GANs, MOUs, agreements, contracts, budget revisions, and methodology statements.
* Ensure regulatory compliance of secured grants and interpret federal or governmental rules and laws as needed.
* Draft reports, route them for internal approval, and comply with all grant-related due dates.
* Track all grant expenditures, reports, and grant-related activities in grants database.
* Monitor post-award grants administration through grants database and face-to-face meetings and support purchasing process.
* Maintain grant webpage.
* Provide excellent written, oral, and proofreading skills and general knowledge of accounting procedures, budget development, and administration.
* Maintain all grant documentation for eventual audit.
* Anticipate needs of grants office and proactively provide support as needed with a positive attitude and attention to accuracy and detail.
* Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Three or more years of experience with federal grants management and interpreting Office of Management and Budget guidelines.
* Understanding of basic accounting principles.
* Highly motivated with excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to expertly coordinate management of HEERF and related federal grants with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated drive and ability to excel in fast-paced environment.
* Team-oriented, excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to work with diverse group of collaborators under deadline pressure with a positive attitude.
* Proficiency with computers and relevant software is essential
Internal Number: 34667
About Piedmont Virginia Community College
Virginia's Community College's educate 240,000 credit students annually and over 170,000 non-credit students at 23 Community Colleges with over 40 campus locations throughout the Commonwealth. Our mission is to provide comprehensive higher education and workforce training programs and services of superior quality. These programs are financially and geographically accessible to meet the individual, business, and community needs of the Commonwealth.