Responsible for providing administrative and technical support for University Business Services including the Office of Business Services, Purchasing Services, Real Estate Services, and the Office of Sustainability. The position also serves as the receptionist for the suite of offices including University Business Services, Human Resources, and the Controller’s Office. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Complex calendar and meeting management on behalf of the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Business Services and Business Services Team as well as various committees *Meeting management includes preparing and distributing agendas, taking minutes, distributing action items and arranging for meeting logistics, ensuring all conference room and meeting technology is in working order *Assists in the planning and coordination of meetings and events; functions may include preparing communications and promotions, creating itineraries and serving as the on-site contact for visitors *Schedules spaces and ensure appropriate facility requests are submitted *Manage invitations, correspondence and reminders *Arrange for parking and other necessary meeting details
2. Project and communication management *Uses Asana project management software to execute various business and research projects of moderate complexity * Serves as the Asana Administrator; answer questions, trains the team and makes sure the organization stays clean and organized *Uses Tableau to develop dashboard reports to track and report project performance *Prepares and manages divisional communications including email, newsletters and web content *Maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports specific to assigned projects *Maintain department files (paper and electronic) in accordance with Lehigh's records retention policies
3. Financial management *Accounts receivable - Invoice, monitor receivables and make deposits to the University Bursar *Periodically tracks expenditures and reports findings to supervisor and others, as needed *Using appropriate University systems, oversee process workflow for reimbursements, reallocations and fund transfers *Monthly reconciliation of purchasing OneCards and department expenses *Process purchasing requisitions *Process invoices, payment approvals and retain records accordingly *Monitor payroll and timesheet calendars and approve timesheets
4. Administrative Support *Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance and service of equipment and technology *Supports University Business Services (UBS) hiring process and onboarding plans *Verify and process staff and student worker W-4s, residency certification forms, direct deposit forms and confidentiality agreements *Produces monthly reports, as well as other data reports as needed *Serves as technology liaison for the UBS (manages lifecycle, technology upgrades, software renewal and support, etc.) *Receives, screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and email promptly, courteously and accurately *Makes improvements in office routines and procedures to increase effectiveness and efficiency *Manages internship program including recruitment and mentoring *Maintains an efficient and effective filing system for all contact information, correspondence and contracts *Assists in transitioning to digital files by scanning, naming and electronically filing documents for retention
5. Receptionist *Screens walk-in visitors; greets visitors and provides information in response to inquiries when possible and refer to other sources if necessary *Ensures conference spaces are ready for use at the beginning of each work day; maintain the lobby and public spaces to ensure good first impressions *Manage conference room use and availability with the Controller’s Office, Human Resources and Business Services to optimize shared use *Sorts and distributes mail and packages
6. Assists in the preparation and follow up of learning and development activities *Schedules and coordinates learning and development workshops (i.e., logistics, food, location, Zoom meetings, equipment, etc.) *Maintains Workplace Learning Google calendar *Adds scheduled workshops into all appropriate systems *Monitors learning and development email account, responding to and forwarding messages as appropriate *Answers and provides guidance in regards to all learning and development questions, such as location of resources, enrollments and cancellations, how to view training completions and registrations, etc. *Coordinates and updates website registration *Notifies program participants about confirmation details, such as location, Zoom meetings, pre-work, files and changes to learning and development programs *Reviews all relevant communications, web postings, and meetings to assure accuracy *Sends session follow up messages and notices as appropriate and sends session evaluations to attendees and compile and report out on summary information *Maintains and distributes a monthly email about upcoming Human Resources learning and development programs and other departments’ learning and development opportunities at Lehigh *Utilizes tools to document progress on learning program pre and post work *Adds training completions to the learning management system *Manages and reports out on participant lists; compiles statistics as needed to ensure continuous process improvement *Monitors and reports out on employee progress in certificate programs
Grade: 7 – 37.5
Position Number: FA5721
This position has fiscal or financial responsibilities other than employee expense activity, such as processing or approving transactions; monitoring or preparing budgets; or generating income for University
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience; Associates Degree in Business preferred
One to three years related work experience
Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy with meticulous attention to detail
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service
Solid writing ability and organizational skills
Ability to use initiative and judgment to identify, analyze and solve problems
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, Project Management and database software
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed. posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499547
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.