This Virtual Reality Producer- Project Hire, will assume responsibility for casting and coordinating actors, hiring and training the crew, interfacing with the medical team to develop the scripts/scenarios, oversight of all legal production issues, and tracking all financial issues associated with production for the duration of the project. This Virtual Reality Video project is the equivalent size of a feature film production and this is the role of a producer on a feature film.
1. Cast and Crew Coordination – Arranging for set locations, transportation for cast and crew, and scheduling of shoots.
2. Project Coordination – Maintain master schedule for project dates and milestones. Assign tasks and track through completion. Set and communication quality control standards for media produced.
3. Communication with Stakeholders – Maintain effective communication channels to assure all cast, crew, and stakeholders are in sync.
4. Budgeting and Procurement – Manage the accounting for a large budget. Work within the University's purchasing and procurement policies and procedures to accomplish grant's objectives.
5. Recruitment and training of Crew – Oversee new hires through the Human Resources department. This position will requirement management of students from Ohio University and Hocking College.
Bachelor's Degree in Media Production or Related Field.
Master's Degree in related Field
Planning Unit: Scripps College of Communication
Department: School of Information & Telecommunications Systems
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position: April Koska, firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Type: full-time term
Commensurate with credentials. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package, which includes health benefits, paid time off, and educational benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
Internal Number: 37238
About Ohio University
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of helping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.