Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Benefits Administrator position. The Benefits Administrator supports the Director of Benefits in the administration and coordination of employee benefits, retirement programs, health and wellness programs and leaves of absence for the College's staff employee population. This position administers the College's benefit programs for all staff employees and retirees; including medical insurance, prescription drug plan, dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, short-term disability/IPB, long-term disability, FMLA, and retiree medical benefits.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
• Associate's degree required.
• Three (3) years of related experience in benefits administration required.
• Demonstrated understanding of current regulatory environment for benefits-related issues.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a rapidly changing environment required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience using enterprise-wide system required.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others and work effectively in a team required.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to demonstrate thorough understanding of benefits administration and related federal, state, and local laws required.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and customer-service orientation required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience in benefits administration within higher education or unionized environment preferred.
• Benefits related certification preferred.
• Ellucian Banner preferred.
Internal Number: 138870958
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive. We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.