Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals," UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The Design & Construction Management Department at UWMC has an exciting opportunity for a full time day shift CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR.
1)Coordinates user conferences with design teams. 2)Processes and files funds transfer. 3)Coordinates correspondence delivery and filing for licensing authorities related to construction. 4)Liaison between construction management team for UWMC construction projects and impacted UWMC departments regarding impacts from utility shutdowns, construction noise and vibration, and other construction related impacts. 5)Move coordination for individuals and departments related to construction or furniture projects. Includes coordination of voice/data connectivity; computer software and hardware orders; coordination of packing and move logistics; prepacking and planning; storage during phased moves; surplus and clearing of spaces after moves and prior to construction; receiving furniture installations, validating orders, installation and inventory received; assist initiating support services on newly constructed spaces; 6)Preparation of email and other communication to UWMC departments regarding impacts of construction projects including installation and removal of temporary signage and detour routing. 7)Maintains departments Intranet sight, includes development of project communication collateral and linkage for instructions, catalyst surveys, updates and graphics. 8)Maintenance of electronic filing system for UWMC design and construction documents. 9)Management of construction contractor access to UWMC which includes background checks, badging, order/administrate/relinquish keys and access cards. 10)Materials management order entry, maintenance of master list of HEMM requisitions by budget/project/project manager. 11)Post construction clean coordination and scheduling. 12)Back up air sampler coordinator to conduct air samples, coordinate chain of command, shipping and delivery of specimens to reference laboratories, maintenance of air sampling equipment and supplies. 13)Reviews and documents construction containment integrity, to communicates deficiencies and follows thru with project manager for corrective measures. 14)Assists project managers as needed, other duties as assigned.
The Construction Management Coordinator performs construction impacts mitigation and communication activities and administrative support activities under the general supervision of the Director of Design and Construction Management.
The Construction Management Coordinator also:
1) Attends appropriate meetings of the Design and Construction Management Team.
2) Works with Project Managers, Furniture Specifier, Move Coordinator, Teleservices, IT Services (EDS and Network), MM, Clinical Engineering/Scientific Instruments, Department Managers/Coordinators developing move plans related to construction milestones.
3) Communicates to the broader organization the plans to reroute typical workflow patterns when disrupted by construction, creates signage.
4) Maintains UWMC electronic files for design and construction documents.
5) Enters requisitions related to construction management into HEMM and matches invoices to requisitions. Reviews and approves standing orders on blanket POs.
6) Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for own actions and decisions in the performance of duties. Demonstrates flexibility and stress tolerance in assignments. Willingly participates in organizational education requirements.
7) Performs all other duties as assigned.
8) Liaison between construction management team for UWMC construction projects and impacted UWMC departments regarding impacts from utility shutdowns, construction noise and vibration, and other construction related impacts.
9) Preparation of email and other communication to UWMC departments regarding impacts of construction projects.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
High school diploma. 3 years of experience in hospital setting or construction. Experience in a clinical hospital department preferred. Understanding of hospital operations. Ability to communicate effectively in-person and in writing. Excel, Adobe, Microsoft Project, and similar computer skills.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergraduate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.