Responsible for supervising four Support Coordinators, who serve as front-line Customer Service Representatives, answering phones, responding to emails and greeting visitors; accounting for and reporting on the operating budget for the Office; providing administrative support to the Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions; and performing the same duties as the Support Coordinators. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Supervision of Enrollment Support Coordinators *Direct and supervise the daily activities of four Support Coordinators; manage workloads, project assignments and schedules *Provide regular performance feedback to individuals and foster a team dynamic among the group *Coordinate with the Senior Associate Directors, Director of Admissions and Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid needs for various project support from the Support Coordinators; assign duties as necessary
2. Budget monitoring, management and reporting within the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid *Manage the Admissions and Financial Aid operating budgets, verify allocations are assigned to the correct indexes *Monitor spending in the various indexes; confirm that expenses are being attributed correctly *Provide monthly reports to the Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid and Directors regarding the status of the budget, to-date expenditures, remaining anticipated expenditures, anticipated overages/surpluses and monthly reconciliation of the office operating budget *Recommend changes in allocations by category as necessary and advise on budget requests for additional funding for specific index needs *Coordinate with the central Budget Office to redistribute and disburse funds as necessary *Make disbursements as necessary; serve as an authorized approver for expenditures
3. Administrative support for the Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions *Answer the direct phone lines for the Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions *Provide scheduling assistance as needed *Prepare correspondence as needed *Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality regarding personnel, budget, strategy and other sensitive office and University matters *Serve as signatory approver on behalf of the Vice Provost for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions as directed and assigned for budget, personnel or other matters as designated *Perform other traditional Administrative Assistant duties as needed
4. Customer service support for prospective students, parents and other constituents *Provide customer service to callers and visitors to the office, particularly prospective students and their families; regarding all aspects of the admissions and financial aid processes, general information about the University academic offerings and other services, including referrals to other staff, or offices as necessary; this includes gaining proficiency with the CRM system used to track communications and interactions with/from students and current application status *Provide support reviewing and responding in a timely manner to emails to the admissions email account(s), including forwarding to other staff or departments as appropriate *Provide backup support staffing the Admissions reception area and retrieving and responding to messages left on the Admissions general voicemail as needed *Provide and model excellent customer service and professionalism in all interactions with prospective students, their families, other offices, volunteers and other constituencies with whom we may interact *Support ad hoc and seasonal projects as directed; this may include event planning activities, maintaining various kinds of spreadsheets/data, arranging printing, ordering giveaways or other related project support *Perform other duties as assigned
5. Act as the Employment Coordinator for Admissions *Resource for hiring supervisors in respective area to provide guidance and assistance throughout the employment process involving best hiring practices, utilization of the on-line applicant tracking system, financial oversight and recommendation within the budget resources *May act as administrative support throughout the hiring process including but not limited to attending recruitment meetings, scheduling interviews and creating itineraries; may assist in collecting signed offer letters and new hire paperwork *Responsible for the search documentation and compliance along with the hiring manager *Coach supervisors and staff on privacy issues, Lehigh policies and procedures, governmental rules and regulations and the need for compliance *Stay informed of all employment forms, processes and procedures while acting as the primary resource for Human Resources, Payroll and Budget paperwork for respective area *Responsible for all on-boarding activities including new hire paperwork, office configuration as well as setting up itineraries for important stakeholder meetings
Position Number: S77870
This position is expected to work remotely while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future this position may have the ability to work both from home and on campus as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position works with minors
This position has fiscal or financial responsibilities other than employee expense activity, such as processing or approving transactions; monitoring or preparing budgets; or generating income for University
Hours are 9 am-5 pm with a half hour for lunch
Bachelor's Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Accounting or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Supervisory experience preferred; including written and verbal performance appraisals
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Experience monitoring and reporting on budget allocations
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, database and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499523
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.