Job Description Summary *The schedule days is Tuesday-Saturday*
The physical demands of this position range from LIGHT to MEDIUM- HEAVY. This position involves athletic field and tennis court preparation and maintenance procedures including: field and surface markings, field grooming, lawn mowing, trimming, edging, seeding and fertilization, irrigation control, surface and bleacher clean-up, and trash removal. These are completed in accordance with all applicable OSHA regulations and established schedules and procedures at Bentley University.
Standing, walking, lifting, carrying and reaching are performed on a frequent to constant basis. Bending, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling and twisting are performed on an occasional to frequent basis. The heaviest physical demands are required during handling of furniture, heavier equipment, paints, fertilizer, and seed bags, etc. These activities require handling of 25-75 pounds of load resistance on an occasional to frequent basis. Heavier tasks may require the assistance of (2) or more co-workers.
1. Prepares and maintains all athletic fields and tennis courts for events during the appropriate athletic seasons and summer sports camp programs. Maintains the synthetic field; brushes, cleans and marks as needed. Maintains designated landscape areas.
2. Works with Athletic coaches to coordinate maintenance schedules around practices and games.
3. Maintains all grounds areas such as mowing, weeding, field grooming, seeding, fertilization, trash removal, irrigation control, field marking, and walkway, parking lot, and field bleacher clean-up.
4. Operates mechanized equipment such as mowers, blowers, weed whackers, rollers, sod cutters, tillers, utility trucks, and tractors.
5. Controls and regulates all athletic field irrigation systems; selects suitable watering times and adjust as necessary; winterizes (blow out) and repairs the irrigation system for all the athletic fields as needed.
1. A minimum of 5 years experience and general knowledge in the preparation and maintenance of athletic fields, including measuring, marking, and grooming required. Must also have experience in using the equipment necessary to accomplish the task.
2. Must hold a commercial Massachusetts applicator's pesticide license and hoisting license (10-ft or 500-lbs).
3. Must hold, or acquire within 60 days, a DOT card.
4. Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier. May be required to drive a Bentley issued vehicle. Properly uses and cares for Bentley tools, radios and equipment.
1. Related agricultural degree preferred.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Internal Number: 138693919
About Bentley University
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, the broad global perspective and the high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. To achieve our goal, we infuse our advanced business curriculum with the richness of a liberal arts education. The results are graduates who are making an impact in their chosen fields and turning their passions into success stories. Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers.