Recruitment/Workforce Development Services, Staff/Administrative
Regional Base Representative (Navy/Marines) Office of Military and Veteran Enrollment and Outreach Part Time/Hourly Salary: $25/hour Location: Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, VA, US
Thomas Edison State University was founded in 1972 to break down barriers to degree completion. Nearly fifty years later, we proudly serve a diverse body of adult students with innovative and professionally relevant academic programming. Our team of high-energy student- focused professionals is welcoming new members who are ready to make their mark in education and help change the lives of thousands of adult students across New Jersey and around the world.
If you are excited by changing lives, committed to the success of all, and want to be challenged by new and innovative opportunities, we look forward to receiving your application.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Military and Veteran Enrollment and Outreach, the Regional Base Representative fulfills a professional role in support of the University’s onboarding and evolutionally relationship with its students. The Regional Base Representative is responsible for assisting with basic recruitment and administrative functions and activities involved in each phase of the student’s application and enrollment process with the University. General responsibilities include responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries regarding admission, application and enrollment policies and procedures, initial financial aid counseling, course registration and navigation, as well as conducting telephone follow-up and outreach recruitment activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques essential to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Enhanced customer service knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of admissions and recruitment procedures.
- Ability to acquire extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures, especially those related to non-traditional adult higher education.
- Ability to understand, analyze, interpret and apply established law, regulations, procedures, precedents and guidelines.
- Ability to counsel students and others concerning University programs, activities and services.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships and coordinate with other offices or organizations that impact assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the University by participating in or speaking at conferences, education fairs, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Ability to prepare clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain essential records and files.
Examples of Work:
- Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service to students over the phone and via email.
- Participate in telephone outbound follow-up and marketing efforts.
- Participate in University outreach recruitment activities.
- Participate and complete work through the University CRM and Help Desk ticket system.
- Prepare clear and concise statistical and interpretative reports on various metrics, when assigned.
- Process student registration and payments, as needed.
- Handle basic technical support issues.
- Assist in resolving student issues involving: admissions, registration, financial aid, and other student-facing offices.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Military and Veteran Enrollment and Outreach.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree.
Experience: One (1) year of professional experience in an institution of higher education or in education, higher education or other field that directly relates to the functions of the position, or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
The minimum education experience standards for positions classified under this class title will vary depending upon the requirements of the specific position. In each case, these minimums will be determined at the discretion of the appointing authority.
Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute required experience on a year-for-year basis (30 credit hours is considered one year of college).
A Master's degree in a field related to the position may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Preferred experience working with military-affiliated and veteran students.
Thomas Edison State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
About Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State College was established by the State of New Jersey and chartered by the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in 1972. The College was founded for the purpose of providing diverse and alternative methods of achieving a collegiate education of the highest quality for mature adults.