Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) Outpatient Myeloma Service
HOURS : Flexed 10 hour days, Monday-Friday 8am-6p
LOCATION : NYC and potential for Regional Care Network coverage
Our dedicated team is growing and we are looking to hire another Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to work in the Outpatient Lymphoma and Myeloma Services, delivering comprehensive care to our patients. Are you ready to find your calling and make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families?
WE ARE: The advanced practice provider (APP) team is comprised of over 800 NPs and PAs across MSK who have dedicated their lives to deliver compassionate, comprehensive cancer care to patients and their loved ones, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department
YOU ARE: - A good decision-maker, with known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
- Inventive, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- An effective communicator
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
YOU WILL: - Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members to deliver care for medical patients.
- Ensure the delivery of exemplary care and cultivate an environment that centers on the needs of patients and their families
- Serve as a clinical authority and resource providing education and consultation to healthcare team members.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, implementation of patient education, and clinical support programs
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR A PA CANDIDATE ARE - Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience as a PA is preferred
- BLS certification
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR AN NP CANDIDATE ARE:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Masters degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
- BLS certification
Internal Number: 2021-49832
About Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The close collaboration between our physicians and scientists is one of our unique strengths, enabling us to provide patients with the best care available today as we work to discover more effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future. Our education programs train future physicians and scientists, and the knowledge and experience they gain at Memorial Sloan-Kettering has an impact on cancer treatment and the biomedical research agenda around the world.