This full-time position within the Information Technology Services department reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications and is charged with support for the enrollment and related student solutions. The specialist will work closely with the University’s Enrollment department, in coordination with their lead, as the primary technical lead and subject matter expert.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Primary technical lead and subject matter expert for the solutions used in Enrollment management and related student solutions. (2) Creates and maintains communications and event registrations for prospective and admitted students. Monitors and reports on progress related to those communications and events. (3) Creates and maintains queries, reports, rules and workflows to leverage automation for efficient use of resources. (4) Creates and maintains interfaces between the primary enrollment solution and all other University solutions. Maintains related field mapping documentation. (5) Provides guidance and support to the core and decentralized enrollment staff and operates as an interface to all other areas of Information Technology Services. (6) Documents all policies, procedures, processes. (7) Advances the use of the features and functions of the Enrollment management and related student solutions. Develops training materials and provides training and support to core and decentralized enrollment staff. (8) Manages build-out of new functionality to support enrollment processes. (9) Assist in the evaluation and testing of application changes and upgrades. (10) Learn new applications, technologies, and skills independently through hands-on experimentation; Keep abreast of current learning technologies and trends. (11) Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and services. (12) Troubleshoot complex, non-routine technology issues; Apply in-depth application and service knowledge to solve problems and fulfill requests. (13) Coordinate small projects or service improvement activities; Facilitate collaboration and information sharing among peers and across IT functions. (14) Other duties as assigned.
Education: A college degree Experience: Two years professional experience
• Excellent problem-solving skills. • The ability to organize complex information into an understandable format and convey that information to people with no technical knowledge. • Strong communication skills with the ability to work closely and articulate complex technical information to university constituents • Prior experience conducting training to small and large groups. • Strong technical writing skills including technical diagramming using flowcharts, data flow diagrams and other applicable documentation methods. • Strong knowledge of Enrollment management and related student solutions. • Willingness to learn. • Strict attention to detail, responsiveness when unexpected down-time occurs and commitment to ensuring user base receives optimal uptime of computer systems. • A commitment to the highest ethical standards in IT use.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• SQL scripting and development skills • Microsoft Productivity Tools including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint • Professional experience developing and maintaining reports • Windows, Mac and mobile device experience • Professional experience working with DBMS
May need to lift up to 10 pounds.
Standard office working environment as well as occasional work in a hospital like setting.
Valid Driver's License
Commensurate with experience
M-F, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, primarily on-site
• Transportation is a requirement as this position will involve meetings on multiple campuses within the Metro-Detroit area. The position will be primarily located on the McNichols campus.
• Please note all enrollment or CRM solutions you have professionally
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: AF9488-1054-1299
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.