Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Financial Aid Services, and Outreach position. The Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach is responsible for the direct supervision of staff and the implementation of strategies designed to enhance service delivery. This position manages the Enrollment Services Call Center and ensures that students receive the highest levels of customer service. The Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach is responsible for processes and functions related to the intake for students who need initial financial aid information support, counseling of students and families on financial aid, awarding financial aid funds, and the coordination of financial planning sessions. This position also manages all Enrollment Services outreach call campaigns serves as a back-up to the Associate Director, Financial Aid Operations.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Minimum of five (5) years of full-time work experience in financial aid required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid federal and state regulations required.
• Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and Internet applications required.
• At least two (2) years customer service supervisory experience with ability to foster a positive and productive work environment, and lead and motivate staff required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face to face, and email) required.
• Excellent planning, administrative, project management, and organizational skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and to process high volumes of work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment required.
• Ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak periods, working an occasional Saturday may be required.
• Prior experience working in a Banner or equivalent environment preferred.
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment preferred.
Internal Number: 135349064
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive. We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.