Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Cleans and maintains laboratory classrooms. Washes and sterilizes lab glassware and/or instruments. Restocks lab classroom supplies from storage. Aids Research Assistant in setting up and taking down lab experiments for student protocols.
1. Washes laboratory glassware/instruments after use.
3. Replaces defective or broken glassware/instruments from stock.
4. Cleans and maintains work areas and disposes of biological or chemical waste as needed.
5. Sets up and assists with experiments for classroom use according to prescribed procedures.
6. May assist with the preparation of media, reagents, and cultures alongside Research Assistant.
7. Maintains inventory of refillable consumables (pipet tips, bottles of sterile water, sterile toothpicks etc.).
8. Performs related job duties as required.
MCB recognizes that the work of equity is always ongoing, and that there will always be room for improvement. We are looking for people to join our community who want to be part of that effort. We value the fundamental importance of a diverse community where everyone, regardless of background, ability, or identity, is appreciated for being themselves.
Salary Grade: 048
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
No previous experience required. One year of laboratory experience preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 54071BR
About Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.