The Executive Director, Campaign Strategy is responsible for the strategic planning, management, implementation, and oversight of all activities related to executing a comprehensive $1 Billion campaign. Manages a team of professional staff with responsibility for campaign management and planning, prospect research, and institution-wide strategic philanthropic initiatives. The Executive Director works collaboratively with faculty and academic leadership across the organization in pursuit of transformational philanthropic ideas and impact to ensure that philanthropic engagement and stewardship is aligned with Cedars-Sinai mission and values. Translates academic, capital and programmatic needs into fundraising objectives and activities that can easily be operationalized by staff members to achieve revenue and campaign strategic goals.
* In collaboration with leadership, determines fundraising priorities, goals, objectives and schedules to execute a full-scale comprehensive campaign.
* Provides strategic direction and daily management of the campaign including appropriate meetings, budget, timeline, and master campaign calendar, and notifies stakeholders of relevant activity as needed.
* Develops a strategic plan for an integrated campaign model that supports the overall mission and development goals of Cedars-Sinai.
* Defines and monitors campaign reporting, metrics and dashboards. Provides strategies for communicating goals and reporting progress for fundraising and engagement priorities.
* Leads efforts to engage faculty and staff, aligns campaign priorities and strategic initiatives with case development, convenes staff and coordinates ongoing campaign task forces and working groups to provide timely response to inquiries, and track campaign progress and activities.
* Ensures the standardized formatting and content, accuracy, completeness and timeliness, of regular campaign project summaries and progress reports to senior leadership and stakeholders with respect to major campaign initiatives.
* Provides direction and manages both administrative and support staff, including prospect development to provide campaign-related prospect analysis and identification. Assigns and directs projects and oversees day-to-day operations of the staff, including budget, hiring, performance management, development, and terminations.
* Cultivates a strong team-oriented culture of accountability, with a focus on creating best-in-class experiences for donors and internal partners.
* Collaborates with Development staff to strategize on pairing critical campaign fundraising priorities with donor-centric philanthropic interests with an eye toward additional cross-collaborative solicitation approaches.
* Works with Development staff to identify giving opportunities and strategies supported by a moves management system for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
* Assists with campaign proposals and solicitations as needed to assure alignment and consistency with strategy and brand.
* Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop all campaign marketing materials and campaign-related cultivation and stewardship materials as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Business Adminsitration, Business Management, Healthcare Administration or a related field required
Master's degree in Business Adminsitration, Business Management, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred
12 years progressive experience in development with some experience in a complex organization, academic medicine or a university setting required
8 years progressive experience directly managinig staff, setting goals and managing performance and budget required
5 years experience as a frontline fundraiser, major gifts or principal gifts preferred
Working Title: Executive Director, Campaign Strategy
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.