Supervises law students participating in a legal aid clinic in the College of Law. Works closely with the director of clinical legal education and supervisors of other legal clinics.
1. Supervises law students and provides functional advice and training regarding a variety of legal projects.
2. Reviews and evaluates student progress in handling all aspects of case management, including, but not limited to, interviewing clients, research and court hearings and proceedings.
3. Coordinates external student placements in public interest, government agencies, and state and federal courts.
4. May be responsible for handling cases in progress while students are on break between semesters.
5. May assist with recruiting students for various placements.
6. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Infromation:
Assists the Immigration Clinic director advising & providing training regarding a variety of legal projects.
This position is only a 2-year Immigration Clinic fellow position.
Doctoral and 1 year experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of Immigration Law knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Requires professional licensing, certification or registration directly related to the job.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application,Resume
Internal Number: STA07266
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.