50% Log and track awards for grants and contracts through the PeopleSoft EFS/Finance database system
• Provide periodic and ad hoc updates to stakeholders regarding grant status • Compose, edit, type, proofread, and correct documents related to grants and grant correspondence • Obtain necessary information from sponsors, agencies, and principal investigators • Respond to inquiries from stakeholders regarding grant status and related information • Create and maintain electronic files and retrieve as necessary to perform information-related tasks
40% Scanning into ImageNow and uploading into EFS.
• Upload documents related to grant applications into the PeopleSoft system. • Distribute documents including Proposal Routing Forms, grant proposals, and Notice of Grants and Awards forms together with related documents.
5% Backup log and track proposals for grants and contracts through PeopleSoft database system.
• Enter grant information into PeopleSoft as status changes occur.
5% Other duties
• Cross-training co-workers on job responsibilities • Occasionally provides support to Grant Administrators for proposals and award contracts • Other duties as assigned
This position may require overtime work on short notice and applicant must be able to work independently under general supervision. This position often is very busy with a continuous, repetitive workload.
• High school diploma/GED and four years office experience or training/education to be substituted for some of the years of experience • Computer proficiency
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel • Demonstrated experience working with proposals, grants, and contracts • Skilled in oral and written communication • Experienced in University of Minnesota financial and grants management systems
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
• Skill in prioritizing and managing competing priorities • Skill in proofreading and editing • Ability to problem solve and work as a team player with office staff • Ability to focus during periods of high stress and multiple interruptions • Ability to type and enter information with speed and accuracy
Internal Number: 340577
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.