Assistant Director Admissions and Special Events - 2101056
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume): Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Three (3) years of full-time higher education experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in Higher Education Management, Education, Educational Administration/Student Services in Business, Healthcare, or a related field. Experience in dental education admissions. Experience with student recruitment. Experience organizing and planning special events.
Brief Description of Duties: Under the direction and guidance of the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Affairs or designee, the Assistant Director of Admissions and Special Events performs complex and diverse duties and is responsible for ensuring all activities, procedures and policies related to student recruitment, admissions and special events are handled and complied with efficiently and accurately in the most expeditious manner possible.
* Lead admission functions related to dental student admissions.
* Develop, organize, and implement recruitment efforts.
* Manage the admissions and interview process for pipeline programs including the Scholars for Dental Medicine, Discover Dental School Summer Scholars Program, College Pipeline Program; and act as liaison with pipeline program units (e.g., Honors College, EOP, and etc.).
* Organize interview activities; meet with the interviewees and conduct information sessions. Answer all dental education questions regarding SDM.
* Update recruitment materials for dental student admissions, complete admissions surveys requested by institutions, associations, or organizations (e.g., ADA).
* Coordinate the preparation of interview day applicant packets; monitor notification and scheduling of applicants for interview; secure interviewers and locations; handle the notification and scheduling of student representatives; administer the submission of invoices for payment to the vendor and follow up on payment status.
* Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to admissions; seeing that admission operations meet procedural guidelines and time restraints.
* Provide data collection and analysis for evaluating admissions policies and procedures (i.e., rank data analyses, attrition data, student performance analyses, etc.).
* Prepare correspondence and report on the status of enrollment and applicants for the School of Dental Medicine and Communications Manager.
* Develop and maintain audit tracking reports including, but not limited to, monitoring dental student performance as it relates to admissions criteria, attrition rates, recruitment effectiveness, demographic statistics, etc.
* Prepare accreditation reports related to educational support services for site visit by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (e.g., admissions and student services).
* Organize, advise, and coordinate special events including but not limited to convocation ceremony and reception; White Coat Ceremony, Open House programs, Welcome BBQ, Senior Dinner, Senior Celebration, and other events as assigned.
* Coordinate (or collaborate in obtaining) sponsorship for student-related events.
*Complete special projects including grant proposals and manuscripts.
Special Notes: This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such are required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA .
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhere.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Office of Admissions and Student Affairs-Stony Brook University
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 plus $3,026 location pay
Salary Grade: SL3
Appointment Type: Term
Internal Number: 2101056
About Stony Brook University
FROM ITS BEGINNINGS A HALF-CENTURY AGO, STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN CHARACTERIZED by innovation, energy and progress, transforming the lives of people who earn degrees, work and make groundbreaking discoveries here. A dramatic trajectory of growth has turned what was once a small teacher preparation college into an internationally recognized research institution that is changing the world.