IMPORTANT:? Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type 'None.'
If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
Job Summary: This is a professional position reporting to the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities/Game Operations. Event responsibilities for Timmons Arena and other Athletic venues to include patron services, technical services, and housekeeping services. This employee is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the installation, maintenance and operation of all sound, stage lighting, and theatrical equipment in the facility. Work includes selection, assignment, and evaluation of personnel, ordering supplies, and controlling equipment and supplies inventories.
1. Oversees technical staff to meet event production requirements. Training and safety included.
2. Establishes productive and cooperative relationships with various faculty, student, and staff constituencies.
3. Coordinates all facilities set-ups and tear-downs.
4. Consults with facility rental clients regarding precise physical set up needs.
5. Prepares billing and payroll invoice for event settlements.
6. Correctly interprets and expedites event contract tech rider information.
7. Oversees maintenance staff so as to ensure attractive appearance and cleanliness of the facility.
8. Effectively monitors equipment conditions and behavior by developing a preventative maintenance program.
9. Assists in the purchases of new technical systems.
10. Follows safety procedures.
11. Communicates openly and recognizes contributions of co-workers and supervisor.
12. Completes performance review process with supervisor/employees to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
13. Pursues professional development to keep pace with demands for services and information; including maintaining up to date information about the department and university.
Continuous contact with members of own work unit, immediate supervisor, members of other departments, and student workers for planning, coordinating, problem solving, presenting information and suggestions related to mutual goals.
Parties generally have cooperative attitudes.
Frequent contact with students and general public to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions.
Discussion of non-controversial matters.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Direct supervision of 2 FTE
Reviews work to ensure compliance with procedures and deadlines. Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying established rules and procedures. Errors may be detected within the department or section in which they occur, but may affect the work of others within the unit to trace errors and make corrections.
Reports To: Associate Athletic Director of Facilities/Game Operations
Work is performed independently except where the interpretation of law, policy, rule, complex procedure or request for exception is required.
Considerable experience in all phases of stage, theatrical work, and/or athletic operations including sound, lighting, stage techniques, and maintenance activities required, with 3 - 5 years' experience in related field
A Building Superintendent should demonstrate professional experience in operations, and maintenance.
Experience in a public assembly facility is required.
Frequent reaching and handling
Frequent stooping and kneeling
Frequent crouching and crawling
Frequent pushing and pulling
Frequent lifting and carrying
Frequent exposure to working at great heights and high voltage.
Significant evening and weekend work required.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Furman University is a selective private liberal arts and sciences college committed to helping students develop intellectually, personally, and interpersonally and providing the practical skills necessary to succeed in a rapidly-changing world. Furman professors are exceptional teacher-scholars who mentor undergraduate students within a campus community that values and encourages diverse ideas and perspectives.