1. Teach all courses, as assigned, for the full duration of scheduled instruction;
2. Be fully prepared with instructional plans for each class session and in accord with the stated objectives of the course;
3. Refer students as needed to the proper student support services;
4. Maintain professional awareness of important developmental education issues, incorporating them into instruction in a manner consistent with course outlines;
5. Use various instructional technologies to provide contemporary presentation of course material;
6. Teach assigned courses with special attention to the college's mission, its commitment to the open door philosophy, and student success;
7. Enforce academic policies and procedures at all times, and comply with all other institutional rules and regulations pertinent to classroom instruction and general employment;
8. Maintain student records, process reports, forms, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner, and check for the accuracy, correctness and completeness of all data;
9. Maintain effective, collaborative, and productive relations with other units of the college;
10. Participate in in-service training and other opportunities for professional development, including attendance at off-campus activities, as feasible, and generally staying abreast of developments in the field.
Adjunct Instructors are responsible for providing a quality learning experience for students at Durham Technical Community College. Adjunct faculty members provide instruction and complete other duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission and policies of the college. More specifically, the Adjunct Instructor is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
A master's degree in English, English education, reading, or a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate credits in English or reading.
Work Experience: One year of successful teaching experience in a community/technical college or similar post-secondary institution or evidence of other appropriate experience relevant to the position.