Under the direction of the Director, the Research Analyst supports the activities of UT Foundation fundraising initiatives, participating, and consulting directly with development directors and other UT staff to identify and qualify major donor prospects to support UT initiatives and campaigns. This specialized research and analysis unit facilitates the cultivation and solicitation of top prospects by all gift officers, as well as the deans and directors of academic units and other senior officers. The Research Analyst analyzes and writes research findings, performs other duties as assigned, and will work as a member in a team environment.
Prospect Research (50%):
* Decipher the various data types (academic, transactional, attitudinal, geographical and interest) needed to transform suspects into prospects and eventually into active donors.
* Identify encumbrances to giving and offer solutions to overcome the obstacles
* Maintain an awareness of and a familiarity with the national and local events affecting donors and the Foundation.
* Use database applications and analytical tools to evaluate data quality and produce output.
* Proactively deliver information and insights on donor capacity and affinity.
* Serve as the prospect development liaison for assigned development units, attend scheduled meetings to build and maintain relationships, share Advancement Services updates, learn about current fundraising priorities, unit needs, donor engagement, and relevant staff projects.
* Plan, conduct and evaluate inquiries relating to prospects and potential donors.
* Fields research and data questions on a daily basis.
* Reviews journals, magazines and various mediums for new prospects as well as information relevant to current prospects and philanthropy.
* Analyze and write research findings.
* Utilize data mining and analytical techniques to segment files for department and college specific needs.
* Create, design, and execute custom reports and spreadsheets.
* Create management systems to maintain effective but creative workflow.
* Amend and recommend resources for the web library.
* Partner with development officers and other analysts to develop research plans and screen donors.
* Conduct peer reviews of research products composed by staff
Prospect Management (40%):
* Process, update and maintain data that is stored on ANDI, as well as maintain documentation of all requests and updates.
* Evaluate and edit verified and extrapolated data into a cohesive and manageable form
* Recommend, test and implement process improvements to gain efficiencies, eliminate redundancies, reduce expenses and meet demands.
* Provide a high level of customer service to development officers and departments.
* Regularly review contact reports and other prospect activity entered by development staff to keep informed on donor relationships and gain insight about prospect strategies.
* Monitor individual fundraiser portfolios, assessing them for composition of prospects in assessment, cultivation and solicitation stages and providing suggestions for new prospects.
* Prepare periodic reviews of prospect portfolios to encourage moves management and active portfolio maintenance; facilitate portfolio review discussions with assigned development officers to gather strategy feedback and support needs.
Training and Professional Development (10%):
* Actively maintain and improve professional knowledge by attending conferences, joining webinars and engaging in other related training opportunities and active membership in professional related organizations.
* Participate in activities designed to improve team culture or enhance service efficiency
* Perform other related duties as assigned
Internal Number: 211006
About Development Foundation
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.