Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond. Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Partnerships and Outreach, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses position.
The Community College of Philadelphia is one of 19 sites funded to implement the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program. The program is focused on helping small businesses grow. We are seeking professional experience with the sales funnel, recruitment, or economic development to be the Director, Partnerships, and Outreach. The Director of Partnerships and Outreach has the lead role in generating a strong pipeline of qualified and eligible business applicants for each of three cohorts annually to the grant-funded Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) program at Community College of Philadelphia. The Director will identify, develop, and cultivate partnerships with relevant stakeholders, such as business Chambers and associations throughout the region, entrepreneurship training programs, CDFIs, and other lending institutions, industry associations, small business and entrepreneurship organizations, commercial corridor organizations in order to ensure robust participation and full enrollment in 10KSB peer learning cohort. The Director of Partnerships and Outreach will report to the Executive Director of the program, and coordinate partnership development strategies and implementation with the City of Philadelphia, and other 10KSB Partners in the tri-state area around Philadelphia (approximately 150-mile radius).
As the umbrella organization for all economic development activity in the city of Philadelphia, Commerce Department has committed to having a major role in supporting outreach for this initiative to meet site goals regarding Philadelphia business enrollment in the program. As such, the Director of Partnerships and Outreach position must work closely with the Commerce Department of the City of Philadelphia to develop a strategy to ensure that all local partners are engaged and providing qualified referrals to the program.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's Degree in a business, communications, and/or relevant field of study is required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Five years' experience in communications, public relations, and/or business development.
• Experience in developing and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and a wide range of business, industry, and community partners.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and audience presentation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, preparing PowerPoint, and using Excel is essential.
• Flexible work schedule to enable participation at evening and/or weekend events.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License; position requires regular travel within the tri-state region.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• Experience with graphic design software a plus.
• Knowledge of small business programs and stakeholders in Philadelphia and the region is a plus.
• Active in the Philadelphia entrepreneurial ecosystem preferred.
• Fluency in a second language a plus.
• Experience developing and implementing a marketing plan is a plus.
• Knowledge of small business programs and stakeholders in Philadelphia a plus.
Internal Number: 133974075
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive. We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.