Primary Purpose: Under the general supervision and direction of the Facilities Administrative Officer (AFO) focus on continuous improvement and customer service, perform a variety of administrative and strategic support primarily to the Planning and Analytics Administrative Officer (AFO) and as directed the Facilities management team. Perform varied responsible administrative functions exercising problem-solving skills to interpret and adapt departmental guidelines, selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within established policies and procedures. Ensures department conformity to institutional business rules, procedures and departmental internal controls.
Essential Functions: 1. Provides advanced administrative support to the AFO and/or department or office staff and as requested, organize, complete and coordinate office assistance within established guidelines and procedural policy.
2. Anticipate and prepare business materials and respond to requests telephone calls, and/or email/correspondence, prepare vendor contracts, reports, presentations, and proposals for the Board of Regents meetings, and/or management team as requested.
3. Prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, track attendance, and maintain historical records and track action items for a variety of business items requiring distribution and resolution.
4. Serves as a key administrative support contact for the AFO and management team, coordinating calendar scheduling logistics, prioritizing and managing appointments; screening and referring callers; researching inquiries and providing detailed responses to requests regarding projects and business activities.
5. On own initiative and with efficiency compose email/correspondence based on knowledge of department needs in response to requests and/or about administrative and general office procedures and policies.
6. Utilize a variety of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Banner, OnBase, SharePoint, MS Teams/Zoom, Adobe and PowerPoint) as well as other university programs, and related document management systems.
7. Prepare expense reports, inventory, purchasing, and assist with accounts payable, financial recordkeeping, budget transfers, monitoring of expenses, credit card reconciliation and budgetary accruals as requested.
8. Assist with the development and management of complex electronic filing systems by filing, receiving, sorting, and distributing documents for shared drive file storage, retrieval and maintenance using established office processes.
9. Prepare and assist in the preparation of reports (including tables, graphs and charts), summaries, recording, researching, and selecting relevant information from a variety of sources, using computerized data bases, and staff resources organizing and presenting information in a professional business format.
10. Assist with the coordination of reports and information, collaborating with team members, work groups, and staff on the completion of work tasks while ensuring proper format, completeness and accuracy to meet deadlines and department needs as requested.
11. Maintain confidentiality in communicating sensitive information and in handling confidential materials such as departmental communication, files, reports, and business decisions.
12. Assist with and recommend new policies/procedures for streamlining administrative functions and/or office operational processes.
13. Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Two (2) years post High School education. Three (3) years experience providing senior level administrative support.
Preferred Qualifications: Work experience in college/university environment. Capacity to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with people in a variety of circumstances in a precise and professional manner. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping methods. Ability to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently. Keyboarding and advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, Internet, SharePoint, Banner (or accounting software) and document management applications as required by the university or department. Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and compose a variety of business documents. Advanced organization and analytical skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management/executive staff, university personnel, students and the general public.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require frequent sitting, repetitive use of hands and wrists while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional walking, standing and simple grasping. Climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling or reaching. May be requested to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work is typically performed during standard business hours. May require (on rare occasion) evening and/or weekend hours to complete tasks. May require occasional travel and/or overnight stay.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.