Responsible for providing support to the department and Lehigh Faculty, staff and students in order to promote the transfer and commercialization of Lehigh inventions and the education of Lehigh inventors and students in the commercialization process. Coordinates the Office of Technology Transfer activities, including, but not limited to, database management, website support, patent file administration, management of training and educational events, and other typical office administration activities. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Manage files and schedules related to Lehigh intellectual property portfolio *Establishes and maintains Database (Inteum) and filing system for patent cases and commercialization activities *Ensures that periodic, scheduled patent maintenance fees and royalty payments are tracked and handled in a timely manner *Assists in the evaluation of, and use of, proprietary software for managing intellectual property portfolio *Maintains scheduled reporting to government agency *Coordinates with patent attorney firms in regards to patent related billing matters *Liaises with external commercialization assistance companies on invention marketing activities
2. Tracks and maintains financial information *Tracks expenditures to budget *Informs supervisors and others about the status of the budget *Prepares vendor invoices for payment and requests checks for revenue distributions to inventors *Reconciles income account to database records
3. Performs administrative support responsibilities for the Department *Maintains inventory of office supplies and basic equipment *Compiles statistics and prepares reports and spreadsheets as requested *Ensures appropriate housekeeping, maintenance and operational support is handled for the building *Makes travel arrangements for administrators and/or faculty *Monitors and processes travel expenses *Creates and maintains standard operating procedures
4. Maintains Departmental website *Posts and updates materials on Department website *Serves as primary contact for website related comments, questions and requests *Assists in keeping website updated
5. Arranges conferences and other events *Assists in making arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops; identifies and secures appropriate location *Coordinates logistical arrangements with external participants *Plans and monitors set-up and take-down of facilities *Prepares and distributes invitations and tracks responses
Position Number: S73620
This position is expected to partially work remote while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future it is expected that this position will be staffed on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
Associates or Vocational/Technical Degree in Secretarial Office Administration, Paralegal or Marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499419
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.