Make a difference in Cedars-Sinai's nurse float pool!
Enjoy the flexibility of being a float-pool nurse while building your career at Cedars-Sinai.
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible - for yourself and for others.
Join our float pool and expand our excellence in human caring.
Our nursing float pool not only provides a crucial service for those we have the privilege to serve, they are also a support network for the entire nursing team.
Supporting multiple units not only expands your experience it also expands your earning potential.
It's a win-win-win - Cedars-Sinai gains flexibility to satisfy patient load, you can earn more money, and our patients benefit from highly educated staff with interdisciplinary experience.
The work you will do every single day will touch others' lives. They will know you care in the quiet moments together and through your hustle to get the job done. Your colleagues will feel your support when you laugh and learn together.
We'll share in a culture of passion and dedication that pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
As a Career Float Registered Nurse, you will achieve the remarkable
* You'll advocate. Assuring that the voice of each patient is heard and respected. Standing up for right-thinking, right action, and right practice for those we care for, their families, each other and for our institution.
* You'll establish a global awareness. Viewing healthcare from both a macro and micro perspective, with an understanding of how the profession of nursing fits into the ever-changing healthcare landscape.
* You'll have courage - Aggressively acting on the strength of our convictions, advocating for our patients, our colleagues and ourselves in both clinical and administrative settings, even in difficult circumstances.
* You will consider many perspectives. Valuing each person as an individual with different origins and different points of view - sharing the common goal of doing the right thing.
* You'll foster the continuity and quality of care with the best interest of patients, their families and support networks in mind.
* You will collaborate with integrated health care teams. Serving as a consultant and resource for the teams you support.
* You will demonstrate motivation, creativity and serve as a catalyst for effective changes within nursing at the unit, division, and organizational levels.
* You will apply clinical knowledge regarding standard patterns of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
* You will be an advocate for patient-centered care, patient rights and meeting customer's expectations.
* You'll use the available resources to expand your skills, and knowledge in the service of patient care and personal growth. #JOBS
* Bachelor's Degree Preferred
* California State RN License required
* BLS c ertification required
* PALS & ACLS certifications required for RNs floated to certain designated units
* National Specialty Certification preferred
* 2 years of RN acute care experience.
* Experience in two or more nursing specialty areas preferred (Adult Med/Surg/Tele/PCU, Adult ICU/PACU, Women's Services, NICU & PICU, or Emergency Services)
* Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned clinical nurse level and specialties.
* Demonstrates a dedication to perfection in customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
* Outstanding communication skills, integrity and flexibility.
Min. Physical Requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Full sensory response (vision, speech, hearing, smell, touch)
* Manual finger dexterity and fine motor skills with eye-hand coordination
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.