Telemetry Technician - Full Time - Night Shift - Includes Weekend Hours - 2100598
At Stony Brook Medicine, a Telemetry Technician is a valuable member of our healthcare team, who monitors all patients as assigned. The Telemetry Technician enters patient data into the telemonitoring system, documenting cardiac rhythms and will communicate to nurses and physicians of any changes that are deviant of the patient's document baseline rhythm. The Telemetry Technician discuss the patient's cardiac activity and the necessity of Telemetry monitoring with the RN, MD and during handoff. The Telemetry Technician will ensure all monitoring equipment is in good repair and communicate with the biomedical department.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate strong cardiac monitoring skills and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a Telemetry Technician in Telemetry may include the following but are not limited to:
* Observe cardiac monitoring tracing of all patients on the telemetry and/or computerized monitoring system/remote telemetry units
* Describes characteristics of ECG rhythm. Documents rhythm according to policy & procedure
* Demonstrate proper lead placement/proper skin preparation to obtain clear, readable six seconds strips
* Provides rhythm strips to RN's for interpretation and mounting on patient's chart; provides RN with initial rate/rhythm interpretation within thirty minutes of admission to a monitored bed
* Maintains monitor log with rhythm interpretation and parameter changes, if needed
* Provides report to relieving technician including any significant rate/rhythm changes on any patients or problems/concerns on any monitored patients; reviews all new admission with oncoming technician
* Communicate any significant rate/rhythm changes to RN and charge nurse
* Maintains optimal operation of monitoring equipment
* Cleans cardiac monitoring equipment as per Infection Control and Biomedical engineering standards
* Maintains a current inventory of monitoring equipment
* Reviews with Biomedical Engineering certain repairs and upkeep of monitoring equipment
* Ensures that sufficient monitoring supplies are available at all times
This is a temporary position that may end at any time.
Required Qualifications: High school diploma/GED . EMS certification (EMT-Basic or Paramedic) or telemetry certification. Please attach copies of all required certifications/licenses to your submission as verification.
Preferred Qualifications: RN license. LPN license. One or more years EMS or Monitor Tech experience. One or more years of clinical healthcare experience.
Special Notes:Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date,the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
* The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhere.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title: TH CTS Cardiology Assistant
Job Field: Allied Health
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Telemetry Technicians-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Night Shift Shift Hours: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM Pass Days: Every Other Weekend, Variable
Posting Start Date: Feb 23, 2021
Posting End Date: May 25, 2021, 3:59:00 AM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL1
Internal Number: 2100598
About Stony Brook University
FROM ITS BEGINNINGS A HALF-CENTURY AGO, STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN CHARACTERIZED by innovation, energy and progress, transforming the lives of people who earn degrees, work and make groundbreaking discoveries here. A dramatic trajectory of growth has turned what was once a small teacher preparation college into an internationally recognized research institution that is changing the world.