Research Support - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Founded in 1873, MassArt is the only free-standing public college of art and design in the United States. The College excels in the education of professional artists, designers, and art educators and is an integral contributor to the cultural and intellectual life and creative economy of the Greater Boston region, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Boston's hub of arts and culture along the Avenue of the Arts, MassArt enrolls over 2,000 students and offers a comprehensive range of baccalaureate and graduate degrees in 19 disciplines, as well as continuing education and youth programs.
Reporting to the Director of Reporting and Analytics, this temporary and fully-remote position from March through July 2021 supports key projects in the office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning for continued operations during the Executive Director's temporary medical leave. The role will focus on light data analytic projects, external survey data entry, internal website refinement (content training will be provided), Qualtrics user support for areas across the college (training also provided), and other organizational and digital publication work as assigned by the Director.
The compensation for this role is $35/hour at 25 hours/week.
Please apply by Monday, March 1st, with consideration to those that apply through Wednesday, March 10th.
Summary of Duties
Wiki Page Development Projects
- Works with Technology and the Direct of Reporting and Analytics to build out two resources pages supporting internal content for the MassArt community: The Office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning Wiki page and the Data Custodians team Wiki pages.
- Content for both projects will be provided, including a design concept, and the incumbent will post and organize sections for minutes, documents, project plans, video training links, links to external resources, key college reporting and data publications, Power Points, embedded text content and other materials as created by these two teams.
Common Dataset Dictionary Project
- Supports the Director and Data Custodian team in refining and completing a central digital Excel worksheet of common data points and definitions across the college, based on CDS and Custodian Argos rules for reporting.
- Enters data prepared by the Director into external survey web-based forms (ex: Wintergreen, College Board, etc.), validating accurate entry and meeting or preceding external deadlines for form submission.
- Assists Qualtrics users with internal survey support, coordinating with Qualtrics Support as needed to resolve issues with account access or other more complex support questions.
- Assists with other organization or publication support as assigned. Examples include but are not limited to:
Produces Adobe In Design text and chart documents for internal and external sharing
Downloads and organizes information into digital folders as requested
Produces Excel tables and charts to support internal ad hoc reporting as assigned by the Director, etc.
Commitment to Diversity and Customer Service
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed. - Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information. - Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is a public, independent institution that prepares artists, designers, and educators from diverse backgrounds to shape communities, economies, and cultures for the common good, and demonstrate our values by:
Pursuing a just, compassionate, and equitable learning environment.
Cultivating rigorous creative practices by observing, questioning, making and remaking.
Honoring courage, honesty, mutual respect, and self-expression.
Believing in the power of art and design to transform our world.
Please note that MassArt does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship or non-student exchange visitor visa sponsorship for administrators, managers, technical staff, library staff or support staff. All offers of employment are based on appropriate U.S. work authorization.
MassArt currently does not provide reimbursement for travel.
Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check relative to prior criminal convictions and pending cases, as well as Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) checks relative to prior sexual offenses committed as an adult or juvenile will be conducted on the final candidate prior to an offer of employment. MassArt requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude your application from receiving further consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in a professional and technical setting with Microsoft Excel, digital publications, surveys, and basic web page layout development.
- 3 to 6 months of internship or professional experience in an office and/or higher education setting, communicating over email and/or in a remote meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with data entry, Adobe Suite, Excel, Atlassian, and Qualtrics. - Digitally organized and capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines at the same time. - Ability to communicate with technical, non-technical, data and non-data people in order to facilitate projects involving data and surveys in functional areas. - Effective meeting minute scribing and follow-up to clarify with meeting participants. - Self-directed and positive mindset approaching new skills and projects. - Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
Please apply on MassArt's Careers Page at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/massart/jobs/2992528/remote-part-time-research-associate-contract?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Massachusetts College of Art & Design
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Bostons academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Design...: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/