Reporting to the Technology Services Manager (TSM), the Technology Services Analyst (TSA) serves as a member of the Client Services team which provides customer and technical support to the MassArt community.
The TSA deploys, supports and maintains the College's administrative and instructional computing endpoints, including desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals, and virtual workstations (VDI, DaaS). The TSA strives to optimize the user experience, productivity, and security through simplification, standardization, automation, and alignment with industry best standards and practices.
The ideal candidate possesses the technical, troubleshooting, customer service, and communication skills to fulfill this role.
Summary of Duties
- Provide general technology support for the MassArt community, with a focus on endpoint deployment, management of lifecycle of computer workstations, lab and administrative computers, laptops, tablets, virtual workstations (VDI), printers and peripherals. - Performs endpoint and device adds, moves and changes for faculty, staff, and instructional spaces. - Responsible for information security configuration and hardening of endpoints, and assists with configuration, authentification, inventory, and decommissioning processes and procedures.
JAMF Pro & Apple School Manager Application Administrator
- Assists Technical Services Manager, Technology staff, and non-department faculty and staff with JAMF Pro, Apple School Manager, and other endpoint deployment and management tools and services.
- Trains other staff on endpoint management and technology support policies and procedures.
- Identifies and documents administrative and academic computing needs and requirements. - Ensures all is properly documented in department information systems, including service desk software and wiki.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is a public, independent institution that prepares artists, designers, and educators from diverse backgrounds to shape communities, economies, and cultures for the common good, and demonstrate our values by:
Pursuing a just, compassionate, and equitable learning environment.
Cultivating rigorous creative practices by observing, questioning, making and remaking.
Honoring courage, honesty, mutual respect, and self-expression.
Believing in the power of art and design to transform our world.
Please note that MassArt does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship or non-student exchange visitor visa sponsorship for administrators, managers, technical staff, library staff or support staff. All offers of employment are based on appropriate U.S. work authorization.
MassArt currently does not provide reimbursement for travel.
Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check relative to prior criminal convictions and pending cases, as well as Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) checks relative to prior sexual offenses committed as an adult or juvenile will be conducted on the final candidate prior to an offer of employment. MassArt requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude your application from receiving further consideration.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA A+ Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) Apple Certified Desktop Technician (ACDT)
- 2 years experience deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting Apple hardware and macOS software in a mixed computing environment, in a corporate, educational, or non-profit setting.
- 2 years experience providing repair or technical support for computers.
- 1 year experience with technical service desk software and wikis, preferably Atlassian Jira Service Desk and Atlassian Confluence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. -Demonstrated experience with computer asset management, inventory, and asset life cycles. - Combination of academic and practical experience and interpersonal skills required to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position in a professional manner. - Ability to multitask and prioritize information effectively, work individually, as well as a member of a team, adapt to a changing work environment, and demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills. - The ability to work effectively with diverse groups. - Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex problems, using analysis, creative thinking, and input from others to improve process, solve complex problems, and develop effective strategies. - Demonstrated proactivity in proposing, advocating for, planning, implementing, measuring, and communicating about effective change approaches within the assigned unit. - Experience empowering staff to resolve problems and complaints independently at the lowest level, involving staff in the development of service delivery models, and actively sharing expertise and best practices.
Candidates will ideally have education, prior experience or certification as follows:
- Master's, Bachelor's or Associate Degree, preferably related to Information Technology. - Familiarity with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) concepts and practices, e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT), etc. - Previous experience providing customer support and/or training in a non-profit, higher education or cultural institution.
- Mac and Windows endpoint deployment and management tools, specifically: Microsoft Intune Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) PDQ Inventory and Deploy JAMF tools Apple MDM/Apple School Manager
- Enterprise encryption products, anti-virus and anti-malware products. - Windows, Linux, or Mac system administration, server administration, and directory services. - Windows Active Directory administration and Group Policy, schemas, directory objects. - Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and/or Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), preferably Amazon AppStream and Amazon WorkSpaces. - Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), particularly Amazon Simple Storage Services (S3), Amazon EC2, Amazon Workspaces, Amazon AppStream, Amazon Glacier.
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Bostons academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Design...: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/