Columbia University Irving Medical Center's Radiology Department is seeking a Practice Manager who will report to the Practice Plan Director.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-day operation of the site related to patient care, quality assurance, policy and procedure, compliance, human resources, marketing outreach, referring physicians concerns, revenue cycle and operations.
-Implements strategic workflow to improve patient satisfaction and revenue cycle.
-Responsible for budget and daily volume benchmarks.
-Manages staff time and disciplinary actions.
- Takes measures to correct and/or resolve situations and ensures that appropriate personnel are involved.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the site, including POs and reimbursements.
- Communicates with vendors regarding orders and deliveries. Reviews and approves all invoices for processing.
- Troubleshoots and tracks Departmental productivity and HR Policy and Procedure.
- In the absence of the Practice Plan Director, directs the activities of the staff with authority to discipline and make decisions.
- Works with the radiologists on a daily basis as needed to facilitate workflow and patient care.
- Addresses patient concerns and implements Departmental goals to meet and exceed target patient satisfaction scores.
- Work with other key management leaders in overseeing scheduling as it relates to Radiology RIS/PACS system, CROWN and patient flow, including other CU referring physicians and Practice Administrator.
- Trains and ensure appropriate coverage for staff vacations for the front desk. Acts as the liaison between all other radiology facilities within the Columbia/NYP network.
- Works with the Practice Plan Director on departmental projects including but not limited to install/upgrade of equipment, IT upgrades, strategic initiatives to promote increase in practice volume and implementation of new programs/projects.
- Generates monthly key performance metrics for management's review and identifies areas of concern and proposed solutions.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
The position will require approximately 10% local travel for meetings across multiple sites.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus four (4) years of relevant experience, which should include healthcare workflow operations and front end management.
Must have strong strategic planning and implementation skills; ability to communicate effectively; superior communications, written and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of current technology including EPIC, preferred. Candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong proven leadership capabilities; and have a track record of partnership development (business to business and client to client). Self-motivated and ability to effectively prioritize and implement multiple priorities in a cross functional team required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Internal Number: 512901
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.