Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
STUDENT SUPPORT ASSISTANT- - Health Services/Student Affairs-Temp with benefits
Position for spring semester
Boston College is seeking to hire both full and part time STUDENT SUPPORT ASSISTANT for the spring semester. This temporary role serves as a part of the Residential Life COVID team with specific emphasis on working with student in Quarantine and Isolation Housing on logistical needs including mailroom package pick-up/delivery, addressing daily dining delivery/ordering logistics, in-room hospitality deliveries, as well as supporting the daily operations of the Boston College COVID housing.
Partnering with key stakeholders including Dining, Facilities Services, Housekeeping, the Boston College Police Department, Transportation and Parking, and the Connors Retreat staff to ensure that student needs are met while they are in one of these facilities.
The Student Support Assistant or Quarantine & Isolation Assistant is a logistical support for students in quarantine and isolation and works collaboratively to ensure that student needs are met while they are in one of these on or off campus facilities. Primary duties include
* Works collaboratively with the residential and health teams to address quarantine, isolation and student care needs related to COVID housing and education.
* Ensures that the logistics of food delivery are managed with the Dining Services Program.
* Works with Housekeeping to ensure that garbage and laundry collection in quarantine isolation buildings is managed properly.
* Ensures that all onboarding supplies are available, ordered and in stock at each location and adding them to the rooms when needed.
* Work with the transportation logistics for students to and from the hotels/PMC sites.
* Perform regular walk-throughs and remote check-ins of designated isolation and quarantine buildings to assure students remain in compliance with isolation and quarantine guidelines.
* THESE ROLES will have access to PPE equipment and their safety along with our students safety is a priority during interactions of during isolation and quarantine.
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Evening and/or weekend attendance at university activities and work may be required.
* Minimal travel required between BC, PMC and site locations three (3) to five (5) years of customer service
* Ability to work without supervision and demonstrate considerable initiative
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
Tuition remission for Employees
Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Low-Cost Life Insurance
Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity .
Boston College is one of the nation's best and most selective universities, with U.S. News & World Report ranking Boston College 31st among national universities, and Forbes ranking it 26th in its 2012 America's Best Colleges listing. Boston College confers more than 4,000 degrees annually in more than 50 fields of study through eight schools and colleges. Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research having earned nearly $60 million in research grants in the last year alone. The University has made a major commitment to academic excellence. As part of its Strategic Plan, Boston College is in the process of adding 100 new faculty positions, expanding faculty and graduate research, increasing student financial aid to more than $128 million annually, and widening opportunities in key undergraduate programs, such as international study, internships and student formation.