The Division of Materials Science and Engineering at Ames Laboratory, a Department of Energy National Laboratory affiliated with Iowa State University, is searching for a qualified Postdoctoral Research Associate.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will work in the research group of Professor Aaron Rossini. Their primary responsibility will be to perform solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance experiments on materials such as semiconductor nanoparticles and emerging 2D semiconductors. The Postdoctoral Associate will also develop NMR methods that exploit fast MAS and indirect detection and DNP for the detection of unreceptive and exotic nuclei found in materials. The lab is equipped with a variety of fast magic angle spinning probes equipped on 9.4 T and 14.1 T spectrometers and a 263 GHz/400 MHz Bruker DNP spectrometer. This Postdoctoral Research Associate is a one-year appointment with opportunity for renewal based on funding and performance. The position is available to start immediately.
For more detailed information on research see some recent representative publications or contact Dr. Rossini directly:
2) Wang Z., et al., Combining Fast Magic Angle Spinning and Proton Detection with Dynamic Nuclear Polarization,Â Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance,Â 2020,Â 109, 101685,Â DOI:10.1016/j.ssnmr.2020.101685.
3) Chen Y., et al., The Surface Termination of CsPbBr3 Perovskite Quantum Dots Determined by Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy,Â J. Am. Chem. Soc.,Â 2020,Â 142, 6117-6127,Â DOI:10.1021/jacs.9b13396.
4) Dorn R.W., et al., Identifying the Molecular Edge Termination of Exfoliated Hexagonal Boron Nitride Nanosheets with Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy and Plane-Wave DFT Calculations,Â Chem. Mater.,Â 2020,Â 32, 3109-3121,Â DOI:10.1021/acs.chemmater.0c00104.
5) Hanrahan M.P., et al., Probing the Surface Structure of Semiconductor Nanoparticles by DNP SENS with Dielectric Support Materials,Â J. Am. Chem. Soc.,Â 2019,Â 141,Â 15532-15546,Â DOI:10.1021/jacs.9b05509.
More publications can be found at https://rossini.chem.iastate.edu/publications/
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Ph.D. must be completed prior to start date.
Demonstrated experience in the areas of solid-state NMR spectroscopy, NMR method development, pulse programming, numerical simulation of solid-state NMR experiments and quantum chemical calculations of NMR properties.
Department/Program & College Description:
Proposed Start Date:
April 1, 2021
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
March 31, 2022
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on âApplyâ and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
The candidate selected for hire may be requested to provide documentation to verify highest degree completed. Â
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. Over 36,000 students are enrolled and served by over 6,200 faculty and staff (see www.iastate.edu). Ames, Iowa is a progressive community of 60,000, located approximately 30 minutes north of Des Moines, and recently voted the best college town in the nation (see www.visitames.com).
Iowa State University is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, underrepresented minorities, and veterans. ISU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, is dedicated to work-life balance through an array of policies, and is an NSF ADVANCE institution.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.