A Social Media Coordinator and Graphic Designer is needed for 8 weeks in the Department of Assessment, Communications and Engagement (ACE) within the Heard Libraries at Vanderbilt University. The position is a key individual contributor responsible for developing, scheduling, posting and tracking social media communication for the libraries. The position also produces relevant graphics for communications campaigns and ensures that our communications are widely accessible.
Working with the University Librarian, the nine campus libraries, and library departments, this team raises awareness of the Libraries' resources, services and activities to the campus, community and professional audiences. The Office of Assessment, Communication & Engagement (ACE) organizes and promotes the outreach activities of the Office of the University Librarian and promotes outreach events and activities spearheaded by other library units. Members work closely with the Division of Communications (especially Integrated Communications, News, Web Communications, Marketing Solutions, and Trademark), PIE, Student Government, and others to tell the story of the library, to garner interest and support, and to celebrate the research libraries of Vanderbilt.
Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media Coordinator
* Creates and manages content for the libraries' social media platforms, overseeing the libraries' presence and relationships with online constituencies and creating effective strategies to grow audiences and engagement.
* Oversees and actively manages content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Posts a robust stream of information, photographs, and videos about programs and resources within the nine campus libraries on our social media platforms.
* Collects and assesses social media analytics data, staying informed of the evolving social media environment, consistently growing the libraries' online social media community and creating effective strategies to utilize social media on behalf of the libraries.
* Assures that all content is available to the widest possible audience and reflects the mission of the libraries and the university.
* Reports on key metrics of our social media campaigns.
* Creates graphic designs for library initiatives in conjunction with the Library Brand, Graphic, and Outreach Design Manager.
* Assures that all graphics meet accessibility standards for the widest audiences possible.
ACE Team Member
* Attends ACE meetings and participates in discussions, sharing information with the team. Supports ACE projects when project leaders request help.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility; this position reports administratively and functionally to the Associate University Librarian for Distinctive Collections, Engagement, and Strategic Assessment.
Profile of an Ideal Candidate
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education is necessary .
* A Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing from an accredited institution of higher education is preferred .
* At least two years of experience in social media marketing is necessary .
* Basic HTML knowledge, Canva, WordPress, PowerPoint, Hootsuite, Emma email and video editing software is necessary .
* Experience in Google Analytics and Facebook Insights/Ads is necessary .
* Experience developing and implementing strategies to use social media to effectively communicate with audiences is necessary .
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse university community is necessary .
Internal Number: 10000181
About Vanderbilt University
Vanderbilt University is a center for scholarly research, informed and creative teaching, and service to the community and society at large. Vanderbilt will uphold the highest standards and be a leader in the quest for new knowledge through scholarship, the dissemination of knowledge through teaching and outreach, and the creative experimentation of ideas and concepts. In pursuit of these goals, Vanderbilt values most highly intellectual freedom that supports open inquiry, equality, compassion, and excellence in all endeavors.