Responsible for developing creative editorial and visual content in collaboration with a professional communications team. Responsibilities include: close partnership with the Director of Graphic Design and the Advancement Communications Team, efficient execution of high-quality design and editorial projects, project management, design and editorial support of electronic and online communications. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Provide writing and editorial services for Advancement and Alumni publications and communications in collaboration with the Senior Director of Advancement Communications *Draft clear, accurate and compelling copy for print and online vehicles in accordance with University and Advancement messaging *Conduct research and interviews in support of projects *Contribute creative ideas and concepts to Advancement projects *Proofread and finalize copy and materials created by the Advancement Team
2. Provide design support for Advancement and Alumni publications and communications in collaboration with the Director of Design and in accordance with the Lehigh brand *Prepare comps for review *Makes edits to design and/or photography *Request quotes and prepare files for printer *Review bluelines, randoms and composite proofs *Arrange for timely delivery *Design and layout options for print and visual applications *May support video and multimedia projects
3. Project Management: Handle assigned projects according to production schedules *Review production schedules with the Project Manager; develop production schedules for assigned projects *Organize, schedule and art direct photo shoots *Obtain approvals and reviews from clients and project managers; incorporate comments as appropriate *Ensure timely publication and delivery of project
4. Collaborate with University Communications and Technology Services *Communicate regularly with counterparts in University Communications on writing and design projects *Observe and enforce University branding guidelines *Coordinate with Technology Services on appropriate projects
5. Provide customer service to the Advancement Stem regarding communications and design projects *Receive and evaluate requests for new communications deliverables *Respond promptly to requests for information; follow up when needed *Listen and respond to constructive criticism from team members and colleagues at all levels *Independently examine challenges and provide solutions
Position Number: S89320
Periods of high volume/workload may be required
Occasional travel to attend training
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Graphic Design or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five to eight years related work experience
Communications and graphic design experience in professional setting, including writing and design on deadline and generation of creative ideas
Ability to independent complete projects on time and on budget, and report on status and progress
Photography, video, and multimedia experience a strong plus
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent writing ability, organizational skills and attention to detail
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 498358
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.