Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Admissions performs tasks related to the recruitment, retention, and admission related to prospects and applicants to the Master of Science program in Social Work at the Columbia University School of Social Work ("CSSW").
● Assist the Director of Admissions with the management, supervision, and coordination of the
staff (graduate intern, summer interns, Work Study students, Student Ambassadors and
temporary employees) and daily operations of the Admissions departments. 25%
● Travel and extended hours required for recruitment; attends graduate fair, workshops on- and
off-campus information sessions. 25%
● Oversee application review process with faculty readers; distributes files, coordinates schedule
of file reviews, coordinates the training sessions for the review process and payment for
● Manage and maintain electronic student records within the Admissions CRM system,
Technolutions Slate. Ensure that all applicant documents are processed in an efficient manner,
for executing timely responses to applicants regarding application status, delivering timely
admission decision letters, eBrochures, and for executing email campaigns associated with
prospects, applicants, and admitted students. 15%
● Prepare and present weekly prospect, admissions, enrollment and event reports to provide
statistical snapshot of progress. 10%
● Co-coordinate marketing and recruitment strategies with Director, including oversight of the
communication plan to address domestic and international inquiries; advise prospective
graduate international students with admissions processes and visa concerns. 5%
● Assist in the design, planning, and implementation of special events; manages all student and
alumni volunteers for prospective and admitted student events. 5%
● Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
● Minimum 3-5 years related experience in higher education and/or human services.
● Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
● Independent judgment and initiative in fulfilling responsibilities required.
● Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Must be highly energetic, goal oriented, results driven, creative and team oriented.
● Must be able to work independently and well under pressure.
● Strong organizational and program development skills required.
● Must have fluency of information technologies and possess the ability to rapidly learn and
incorporate new technologies.
● Must be available for some travel and weekend work.
● Master's degree in Higher Education, Social Work or Education
● Experience with computers and automated database systems; SLATE online application system
and Columbia's SIS preferred.
● Digital Marketing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Internal Number: 512816
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.